Hi. I'm not happy with the bridge on my Ibanez. It's got a SAT Pro trem like this -

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hardtail+fine+tuners&biw=1920&bih=934&tbm=isch&imgil=CaVGaNsPaPH9MM%253A%253BxtepNzKD8rmu2M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.guitarparts.co.nz%25252Fbridges-tailpieces%25252Fstop-tailpieces%25252Fschaller-stop-tailpiece-with-fine-tuners.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=CaVGaNsPaPH9MM%253A%252CxtepNzKD8rmu2M%252C_&usg=__H2MIcFWw3Z-LVbq-94D-Wvb4jJo%3D&dpr=1&ved=0ahUKEwifzd-ewY7OAhUH1ywKHSfqA7oQyjcIMg&ei=w_eVV9_fMoeuswGn1I_QCw#tbm=isch&q=sat+pro+bridge&imgrc=WRw8U_s4aVL2JM%3A

but I'd like to replace it with a hardtail - something like this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Schaller-Stop-Tailpiece-Guitar-Bridge-Fine-Tuners-CHROME-/121953127654?hash=item1c64f90ce6:g:~PMAAOSwGYVXDAZ2

I'll need to drill new holes etc, but my main concern with this is the relative heights of the two bridges. It's difficult to work if there will be a significant difference without buying the hardtail bridge and trying it out.

Would anyone on here be able to advise if this is feasible from a height perspective?

Thanks
Don't do it. Sell the guitar and buy the model you want. You'll butcher yours if you try. And that replacement isn't meant as a bridge, it's a tailpiece (subtle difference) which means it's likely got a fairly flat radius if it has one at all. Those little blocks are not proper saddles either and your note may not ring true. Then you'd also be stuck using the "fine tuning" strictly or intonation. Then what do you do about the gaping hole in the top of your guitar and is there even room to drill mounting holes for this thing.
No don't.
Moving on.....
Ah, I'm with you..... it's just the tailpiece section of the bridge, and needs the bit with the saddles on too. OK, I did think the whole operation might be a bit ambitious. Thanks
Why don't you just block the trem?
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
I bought the guitar on gumtree yesterday, and they guy has already blocked the trem - I've not had the backplate off yet but due to the problems with the bridge angle when I tried to tune it up a semitone, he must have only blocked one side. I guess the easiest solution, rather than blocking the other side too, would be to just tighten the springs or add more springs, to pull it flush against the block regardless of what string gauge/tuning I use
+1 Block it!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Add springs and block it. I normally just deck mine with 4-5 springs, no block.
Otherwise, sell it and get what you really want.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77