I'm not entirely sure this goes here, but I feel you guys could help me the best.

Tl;dr: if I buy a Ibanez Prestige neck for my non-prestige S series guitar, will this fix or help mitigate the problems I'm having? And does it have to be an S series neck or are all wizard styles the same?

I have an Ibanez S series, a 770pb from around 2010 I believe.

I have never gotten this thing to play very well. Decent, but there is always nasty fret buzz, and I have to keep the action higher than I'd like. Around and after the twelfth fret, notes get very muted and nasty, which I know is normal for the top strings, but it's worse than any guitar I've played.

I've adjusted the truss rod, string height, everything. The neck seems like it possibly warped, it bows in the middle instead of curving up from the joint, unless that is normal, I'm not sure. I've got it as flat as possible. But I've tried it slightly bowed too.

I bought a fret leveling kit and did my best, checked them with a fret rocker. Plays the same.

I'm thinking if I buy a Prestige neck, it might help. I really love this guitar and want it to play like butter, but I'm unsure what I can do to achieve that.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 25, 2016,
You should be able to fit any AANJ (All Access Neck Joint) neck on there, as long as it's the same scale length.
Bruh? Brah? Breh? Bruae? Bruae.
Quote by jameswryantx
You should be able to fit any AANJ (All Access Neck Joint) neck on there, as long as it's the same scale length.

Yup, I found that out a little bit ago while researching.

Problem is, I can't really find any Prestige necks in good condition or any place that builds custom AANJs. Especially 430mm radius. For some reason the S series have a 400mm neck and 430mm bridge radius, and I'd prefer to fix that mismatch.