Hi,

I'm currently working on my SG and I'm having some trouble with the wiring.
I wanna have a Dimarzio Super Distortion, 1 volume knob and a 3 way switch used as a kill switch.

Any help?

Thanks!
I think you should just wire it like a normal sg, roll the neck volume off and then use the switch as a killswitch, Randy Rhoads style. And you will have a neck pickup working properly if needed.
Then you can connect the neck part of the pickup selector to ground and it will work like a killswitch. That hole in place of a pickup will look bad though.
ArturPr

Looked fine on Eddie van Halen's burst so I should be alright, sound/playability before looks haha!
Quote by arjan2602
Hi,

I'm currently working on my SG and I'm having some trouble with the wiring.
I wanna have a Dimarzio Super Distortion, 1 volume knob and a 3 way switch used as a kill switch.

Any help?

Thanks!

COULD ANYONE HELP ME OUT WITH A WIRING DIAGRAM?
I can't really help from my mobil, but it's very simple. Pickup ground goes to ground, pickup hot goes to volume pot lug 1. Lug 3 goes to ground and lug 2(center) goes to the output jack. Remember to connect ground to the jack and back of the volume pot. Hope this helps
I'll try to figure it out tomorrow, is there any way I could break something?
No..... Either you get no signal ( short or signal not connected) or a lot of hum ( grounding issues)
Thanks Artur, I've wired up lights, switches, pots, batterys, led-screens and servo's before but I'm new to wiring up my guitar.

Would this work? (colors may vary but i just edited a diagram i found online)
Last edited by arjan2602 at Jul 30, 2016,
Haha I didn`t attach anything at all, I said you should try YOUR layout
Well fuck, my soldering iron can't melt the solder on the pots that are currently in the guitar. It's 30W and does get hot but it just wont melt.