We are an underage band thats been playing together for a few years and we wrote our own stuff to the point that we will start recording them in a few days.The thing is that even though we will be putting them up at every possible virtual and real place,there is a chance that we wont get gigs cus of age and the country we live in (in turkey if they find an underage in a bar there is a huge money punishment or if its the second time they close it so no one takes risk).Who should we contact (in terms of ''Rank'') and how should we do it? There is no chance im gonna stumble upon a manager or whatever in the street right?
Quote by MetalSpawn
Who should we contact (in terms of ''Rank'') and how should we do it? There is no chance im gonna stumble upon a manager or whatever in the street right?

You're right about that, you're never going to stumble into a manager or a venue owner by accident. You need to be active, do a lot of work and establish a lot of connections yourself. No one is going to discover you, you need to make yourself heard.

That being said, how long until you can get bar gigs? If you're underage you're really in no hurry, so why not just practice and study until you can get into clubs and bars?

There are of course other options too. For an underage band, one of the better ways to get gigs (at least around here, not sure about Turkey) is through school. Maybe you can play in a school event, or at a friends' party, or ask your school to let you throw a gig in some auditorium. Or the school basement About 95% of my live experience (70% which is in sound tech, and all in all I don't have that many gigs under my belt) has been through my school, and the rest have been through other public institutions.

Some tips:

1. be professional. Whatever gig you land, be on time, rehearse properly and act politely. Never make a bad first impression, or any impression really.

2. Never pay for a gig. Just don't do it. It might be tempting to pay a venue owner so that you could throw a live show, but you shouldn't pay for your own work. You're the musician here, you're the worker, so you should get paid. Not the other way around.

Tbh I have little clue of how these things work out in Turkey, so please correct me if most of my tips are non-applicable there.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Kevätuhri is absolutely right. I don't know about Turkey, but there's clubs all over the United States that are all ages, or that host all ages nights.

He forgot tip #3: You will not make money doing the gigs. Never ever pay to play, but don't expect you're going to make any money either. I was in a band for almost 10 years, we went all over the Midwestern US, and only made money once.
The love of performing is the only gratitude you will ever see. That and the fans. At this level, any fans you pick up will be die hards, and you will see them at almost every show you do.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Kevätuhri i play at school concerts but they are just some ''new generation'' of students who are only there cus they have to because the school program or whatever said so.which means they are always on their phones and only applause cus they dont wanna be an asshole.we are 16 and we HAVE to be in a hurry because our vocals will go abroad in 2 years for university and we searched real hard to get that guy its hard to find another.and i tried asking school for shows...they refused.

btw throwing parties is not a thing in here.

our only hope is that after we put our song everywhere,and getting a video of it;sending them to underground tour organiser sites and getting found out.we really are serious and would travel to play a show.
ryanbwags never asked for any seriously.but in a few years i would like to get at least some money to cover up our expanses.not for luxury
Try and find other bands like you who may be better established and maybe will bring you in on a bill. Show sharing got us a lot of gigs in places where we weren't known well.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Just message venues and nearby bars etc that are into live music, you never know what might come up. A lot of venues occasionally have lighter midday gigs on Sundays to kind of get people in on what would normally be a quiet day.

That said one sure fire to get gigs if say you'll play for free People can hate on that statement but it's one sure way of getting gigs when you're young and totally new. Not to be harsh, but it often takes many years to be worth paying for, so don't be shy about playing for free when you're young. Just have realistic expectations and count every gig as a success, you're there to build experience as much as you are there to perform, it's all about the learning
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.