I desperately need help getting Cinderellas tone. I'm specifically looking for Gypsy Road. I have the Peavy Vypyr 15w and the Peavy VIP 1. And using a Gibson Les Paul 50s reissue. Thanks!
I don't know his pedalboard, but otherwise, Jeff LaBar's rig is primarily Gibson LPs into Marshall amps. Their tone wasn't super heavy- really just solid blues hard rock- so if you can't get quite the right grit with your Peavy, try a pedal like the VisualSound Jekyll & Hyde V2* Distortion/OD.

* the company changed their name to TrueTone a few years ago, and have been re-releasing updated versions of their better old stuff, so there is also a Jekyll & Hyde V3.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 25, 2016,
I would like to have the money to buy some pedals at the moment but I spent a big chunk of change in my Les I just bought so I'm pretty much stuck with what I have for right now
Use the British setting for that Marshall tone. Actually, the Budda setting may work as well since their tone was really bluesy rock like dannyalcatraz said. Don't bother with the Tubescreamer effect model, personally, I think its garbage. Of course throw a little bit of delay or reverb in there. Settings seem to me to be pretty straight forward. I would start off with all eq settings even and make adjustments from there. Definitely not a lot of gain, but enough to give it some grit.

Edit:
I should specify, on the VIP 1. I have the same amp. Also, I wouldn't worry about pedals much. The VIP will have everything you need to get as close to that tone as you can get without the same studio magic they use.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Last edited by Nolasludge at Jul 25, 2016,
For the effect do you suggest just putting it on bypass or something else besides tube screamer?
Quote by Nolasludge
Use the British setting for that Marshall tone. Actually, the Budda setting may work as well since their tone was really bluesy rock like dannyalcatraz said. Don't bother with the Tubescreamer effect model, personally, I think its garbage. Of course throw a little bit of delay or reverb in there. Settings seem to me to be pretty straight forward. I would start off with all eq settings even and make adjustments from there. Definitely not a lot of gain, but enough to give it some grit.

Edit:
I should specify, on the VIP 1. I have the same amp. Also, I wouldn't worry about pedals much. The VIP will have everything you need to get as close to that tone as you can get without the same studio magic they use.

+1

(love me some Cinderella)
311ZOSOVHJHMe too!. I know I'm dating myself, but when Night Songs first came out, I used to like the videos with the twins, haha.
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by JS122615
For the effect do you suggest just putting it on bypass or something else besides tube screamer?
I would say bypass. I don't hear any chorus or any other obvious effect in their tone. Just a little delay or reverb to fatten it up a bit.
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by JS122615
I've been playing it on the orange setting for the amp. You think that's to much gain?
Nah, actually that is probably the ideal channel to have it on. Red would be more for the leads.
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1