So guys I finally got my itch cured for an LP style guitar. I've been wanting one for a few years after I sold my Epi Les Paul Custom Black Beauty. I was looking at guitars on eBay, ESP/LTD specifically, and happened to look up the Heafy model and saw one for a price I couldn't NOT buy it for.

The guitar was in amazing shape, just noticed I have to replace the electronics. The kill pot doesn't work and since it's a tone knob too, the knob has no stopping point. Considering the guitar was half off, pristine condition considering it's a 2013 model. I think I came out on top even with the electrical problems.

I do have to add some relief in the neck since it's straight as hell. Some minor fret buzz because of that but it will be fixed soon.

So, I've played numerous epiphones, owned 2, only 1 being in the price range as this one. Like most others, very few epiphones felt "right". I've played 20-30 Epi LP customs at Sam Ash and guitar center trying to find one worth modding and was left disappointed. They all felt cheap. Plasticy almost.

Accosting to Heafy, his signature is a "Epiphone Custom Shop" model. I believe he said that it's more hand made than most if not all the Epiphone models. While still being assembled or built by machines in places. It's solid as hell. I like it.
Cool. Pics please.

I've played one of these guitars before and the carved out neck heel is wonderful. It's a nice-looking guitar for sure.
Accosting to Heafy, his signature is a "Epiphone Custom Shop" model. I believe he said that it's more hand made than most if not all the Epiphone models. While still being assembled or built by machines in places.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the 'custom shop' sticker on the back of the headstock is pretty meaningless on Epiphones. It means that they just made a few thousand examples of this guitar, as opposed to a few tens of thousands. Guitars with those logos are no more handmade than any other Epiphone.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Congrats, we want to see it!

HNGD
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Yes pics please! I was debating whether to get one of these when I got my Epiphone Les Paul Custom as I am a huge Trivium fan, but then I decided I don't really like EMG's so the extra cost of replacing the pickups on top of the increased cost for it being a signature just wasn't worth it for me at the time. Maybe I will end up getting one at some point, as I have major gas for a new LP, the Tribute + have been gettting my attention though, but I also want a decent 6 string Ibanez with a Floyd aswell.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
T00DEEPBLUE It's cool man. It was in one of his interviews none the less. And I'll post pics when I get off work!
N1ghtmar3C1n3ma I don't like EMGs either,. Considering I have to replace electronics/pots I'll swap the pickups out.

I love Trivium and Matt Heafys writing. I didn't get the guitar for fanboy reasons, it's just a great guitar that has no trivium or heafy crap on it except for the access heel, single strip of binding, and the truss rod cover.
Sir Stoney I was going to get it for fanboy reasons as well as wanting a Les Paul :P

Ascendancy was pretty much the album that made me want to pick up and play guitar in the first place, I could play A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation before I knew how to play scales...If it wasn't for Matt Heafy/Trivium I probably wouldn't even be playing guitar. Although I did discover Dream Theater not long afterwards and that style completely took over after I had learned every single song off Ascendancy...Haha.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
The neck heel on these things is enough for me to want one. If I was going for an LP shape and didn't go for an Agile, this would be the one.

HNGD
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
dementiacaptain I tried one at guitar center before I bought this and though, "meh, I wouldn't pay 749 for it". That's why I leaned towards the LTD Ec-1000t/CTM because of the thinner neck. Well when I ordered this one I was blown away. The neck doesn't feel too fat, it actually feels comfortable. Sorta similar to my Schecter, maybe not in shape or thickness but in playability.

I don't know why, maybe my mind at the time was wanting myself to not like the Heafy model so I could get the LTD I wanted. For 299$ I think I made the right choice.
N1ghtmar3C1n3ma Mine was Avenged Sevenfold. I'm currently in the process of selling the Syn Custom I have after the fanboy purchase long ago.