Good day friends,

I seek your feedback in order to decide if i want to sell my yamaha in order to get the crafter, or not.

The sound from the crafter (even with old crappy strings) cetainly feels better like the yamaha, but, the fact that i havent been able to find more info about the crafter makes me doubt.

Is there anyone out there that has owned a SJ270?
In general what would you advise? keep the the yamaha? get the crafter?
Crafter's distribution / sales numbers in the US are fairly limited. Hence you're not going to get much feedback from the US. I have 3 Crafters, all 12 strings, and any feedback from me will be of little to no use to you. I can say that the build quality is good, and I've heard Crafter is the OEM for Breedlove's Asian product. (Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure).

A lot of members from Europe swear by Crafter, and they have an extensive line of instruments available there.

Just compare "apples to apples" in that the Yamaha FG-200 is a solid top, and verify the Crafter has one too. After that, compare action height, the amount of saddle showing over the bridge is adequate for any future adjustment.

Yamaha's FG-700 series is regarded as one of the best buys in a low priced acoustic, at least here in the states. You couldn't go very far wrong if you bought one.

ADDENDUMB: I can't get a search to return much of anything in English about the Crafter. I did find out that it is a jumbo body, (a fair amount larger than the Yamaha), and also that it is more than likely a laminate to. The top on that SJ70's I saw, was tiger stripe maple. Maple is a brighter wood than spruce, and not as resonant. It's doubtful that guitar is solid maple top, as I've never seen one on a guitar priced less than several thousand dollars. (And that was on a Taylor which sounded like crap).

FWIW, Ibanez, Dean, and others market lines of guitars with those "trick top woods". Hardwoods in general don't make good guitar tops, (Oddy with the exception of mahogany), and you're better off sticking with any of the spruces, or cedars, for the best acoustic tone.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 26, 2016,