Page 1 of 2
I joined UG a few years ago. Used to enjoy browsing the forums and news, mixing it up, chatting with people that had similar interests. Although I own a guitar, I would not call myself a musician. But I have some close relationships with people who are dedicated musicians and are involved with bands and or recording music. Within the last couple years, I began to create posts and threads to help share some those people's projects.

I attempted to post in the proper forum section or thread. Never tried to solicit, bump, or spam.

There were basically three types of posts I would share :
- information about upcoming live events
- links to videos featuring live performances or studio sessions
- news and links about album releases

Also made sure to include :
- band name
- origin
- genre

Most of the time, my posts go unnoticed with no reply. Rarely someone will make a post mentioning how they live in the same area I do and give thanks for the info. I realize that the bands I post about are local, unsigned, and will probably never get an opportunity to go on an international tour. I know that unfamiliar music can be too obscure for some ears. And not everyone will enjoy it. That is fine. What happened to simply ignoring something you do not like? The overall tone within this community has gone from sarcasm to straight up hatred. Most recently the replies have become slanderous.

Now I am the point I no longer wish to be associated with this UG community.

ATTEMPTING TO SUPPORT AND SHARE WITH MUSICIANS WITHIN THE UG COMMUNITY IS A BIG MISTAKE
Alright bye
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Since when was this the go-to place to post that stuff anyway?
Try social media.
Sad, isn't it?

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
same boat except no hate (afaik ) because my music isn't supposed to be taken seriously

i know eventually when i make some money i'll have to move and make a real band probably far from home or in another country but for the time..

any idea of some good places to post music on the internet?
Last edited by VStratto Music at Jul 26, 2016,
Youtube and spam the links in popular video comments
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by VStratto Music
bad idea, that + my username = blocked

A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
To be fair, the number of people on UG that live near you within a 200km radius is probably approximately 1.2 people
Oh get over it, you just got a few smartass responses. You even said so yourself most people didn't respond like you would have preferred.
Quote by VStratto Music
same boat except no hate (afaik ) because my music isn't supposed to be taken seriously

i know eventually when i make some money i'll have to move and make a real band probably far from home or in another country but for the time..

any idea of some good places to post music on the internet?

Sorry no clue, but because you posted here I got to listen to your music.

I enjoyed it a lot.

Also on your youtube vid for the second video there's a spelling error, but maybe it's misspelled on purpose?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Yeah, UG is probably the last place I would try and promote a local band's work.....the nearest UG'er that I know who posts regularly lives about 700km from me, so it's kinda pointless, from a geographical standpoint.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by SmellKellHell
I joined UG a few years ago. Used to enjoy browsing the forums and news, mixing it up, chatting with people that had similar interests. Although I own a guitar, I would not call myself a musician. But I have some close relationships with people who are dedicated musicians and are involved with bands and or recording music. Within the last couple years, I began to create posts and threads to help share some those people's projects.

I attempted to post in the proper forum section or thread. Never tried to solicit, bump, or spam.

There were basically three types of posts I would share :
- information about upcoming live events
- links to videos featuring live performances or studio sessions
- news and links about album releases

Also made sure to include :
- band name
- origin
- genre

Most of the time, my posts go unnoticed with no reply. Rarely someone will make a post mentioning how they live in the same area I do and give thanks for the info. I realize that the bands I post about are local, unsigned, and will probably never get an opportunity to go on an international tour. I know that unfamiliar music can be too obscure for some ears. And not everyone will enjoy it. That is fine. What happened to simply ignoring something you do not like? The overall tone within this community has gone from sarcasm to straight up hatred. Most recently the replies have become slanderous.

Now I am the point I no longer wish to be associated with this UG community.

ATTEMPTING TO SUPPORT AND SHARE WITH MUSICIANS WITHIN THE UG COMMUNITY IS A BIG MISTAKE

no one really cares mate the sub forums are dead anyway

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one really cares mate the sub forums are dead anyway

To me the subforums are like the Urban Exploration part of the Internet,

This long dead abandoned part of the world where only the ghosts of long ago still hang around
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
this isn't the 90's man
people record unsigned bands and post them on youtube, besides that people on small time forums probably don't care
hardly anyone gives 2 shits about local bands anymore

the only people who care about local bands are the ones who go to small venue concerts regularly
i go to a few small bars / venues in my town so i can listen to decent metal bands on tour, but also catch some of the local talent where i live
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Well considering that I am from Indiana which like 760 miles from Ontario and separated by the Great Lakes why in the hell would any of your local bands interest me?

See where I am going with this? Why would any of UG's many members from the UK, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, or anywhere in the U.S. or even most of Canada, give a crap about a local bands from Ontario.

If you want to generate some buzz about local bands then promote them locally from the looks of the crowd in those videos they could use it.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jul 27, 2016,
I keep posting things no one likes the problem is the community not me
Quote by Victory2134
Sorry no clue, but because you posted here I got to listen to your music.

I enjoyed it a lot.

Also on your youtube vid for the second video there's a spelling error, but maybe it's misspelled on purpose?

yeee thanks <3

i have no idea about the spelling error, but i'll review my stuff and try to fix it, i'm not a native english speaker so i fail sometimes
Quote by theogonia777
If you're referring to this thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1705602

The Bands you posted were genuinely all horseshit.

ok took the time to check this and yeah mostly crap. for the record I don't live to far away from Ontario but wouldn't make the effort to see any of those bands if they play here.

as soon as the first response said crap your post was doomed. if the bands had been good then you might be surprised with a better response.

getting people to listen to original music is tough. if you go to the forum section for that you'll see with a few exceptions that most posted music gets 3 or 4 responses and maybe 20 views. that is sad but just the way it is. many just seem to figure it's just some other schmuck like me so it can't be all that good. sometimes that is very true and others the music is surprisingly good. most bands just started out as a bunch of guys giving it a go that got a break and then people started to listen. shame that on a guitar forum more don't give fellow players a shot but again just how it is.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Yeah, UG is probably the last place I would try and promote a local band's work.....the nearest UG'er that I know who posts regularly lives about 700km from me, so it's kinda pointless, from a geographical standpoint.

Sup
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by k.lainad
this isn't the 90's man
people record unsigned bands and post them on youtube, besides that people on small time forums probably don't care
hardly anyone gives 2 shits about local bands anymore

Unless you are one of the few Townie people over 40, whom are considered irrelevant anyway, "

Honestly, I think a lot of it is because each passing generation from mine onwards is a big bunch of fuckin' pussies. They don't want to sit in some sweaty dive bar and watch a bunch of "nobodies" play a bunch of music they don't recognize, but they sure as hell will go to a arena and shake up shit when Guns N' Roses comes to town because it's popular and will get them points on social media with their musically challenged friends.

2010's to me as far as local music is concerned is just a retread of the 2000's - the 2000's took all the worst things about the 80's and brought em' back, the 2010's took all the worst things about the 90's and brought em' back - leaving all the good stuff in the past.

Oh well, just feeds my Misanthropic side.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Last edited by Mad-Mike_J83 at Jul 27, 2016,
i like small bands that play in sweaty basements.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Mad-Mike_J83
Unless you are one of the few Townie people over 40, whom are considered irrelevant anyway, "

Honestly, I think a lot of it is because each passing generation from mine onwards is a big bunch of fuckin' pussies. They don't want to sit in some sweaty dive bar and watch a bunch of "nobodies" play a bunch of music they don't recognize, but they sure as hell will go to a arena and shake up shit when Guns N' Roses comes to town because it's popular and will get them points on social media with their musically challenged friends.

2010's to me as far as local music is concerned is just a retread of the 2000's - the 2000's took all the worst things about the 80's and brought em' back, the 2010's took all the worst things about the 90's and brought em' back - leaving all the good stuff in the past.

Have you tried not generalising like a sad old man who misses the old days that he can only recall the minute number of good times and has semi-suppressed the many, many boring ones?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Mad-Mike_J83
*old man yells at cloud ranting*

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Mad-Mike_J83

you are so lame

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
i_lovemetallica That made my day! I literally thought about putting that at the end of aforementioned rant.

I think some of it comes from a mixture of those my age (30-something and younger) who bitch and moan about club conditions. C'mon, it's a fucking rock club/dive bar, what do you expect? Everyone shows up in a suit and a tie? It's hard enough to keep those places in one piece.

The second paragraph was on how it seems, maybe it's just me or the area I'm in, that nobody roots for the underdog anymore. Granted, I've been in a few "underdog bands" in the past who have dome some stupid/sketchy shit that resulted in me quitting, but for fuck sake, not all of us are that way.

EndTheRapture51 Everyone is lame, so what?
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Last edited by Mad-Mike_J83 at Jul 28, 2016,
These forums sucks. They're full of a bunch of people that wanted to play music back in high school but all gave up and are now salty and don't even talk about music.
Whats worse, the people that move on from a hobby so they can focus on important things or the fools that dont move on and are salty that people dont care about their guitar shredz anymore around here?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R
I don't expect salty jealous people to care. It's just fun watching them react(: I get enough gigs and have enough girls tell me I sound like Paul Gilbert to care about UG. Yeah that's right. Girls that listen to Paul Gilbert and go out and see me play. It just sucks not having any cool people to talk about theory and technique with. You would think a site called ultimate guitar would be full of people interested in scales and arpeggios.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
You would think a site called ultimate guitar would be full of people interested in scales and arpeggios.

I saw you post, and I opened this thread full of hope. You delivered.
Shouldnt you be practicing them killer arpeggios bud? I mean the girls arent gonna just throw those panties at you if your chops are slacking. Cant waste them opportunities.

Also pass the joint bud I need some of that killer shit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah bruh, it's called white wedding. It's white widow mixed with Billy Idol OG. I usually spend the first hour or so of my conscious life browsing the social medias. I haven't played the panty rap song by Frank Zappa yet, but trust me, if I had blue hair and was alive back then, I would be on lead guitar instead of Steve Vai. When I shred my scales and arpeggios my frets catch fire and superman comes flying in to soak up my sun energy. Tonite I'm playing at a BBQ party. The entire band is gnna be hoisted up onto this platform above th BBQ and if anyone messes up they fall onto the giant BBQ grill and they have to fight 3 hamburglars. If they lose, they get boinked by the weiner of Nottingham. Everyone there is bff's with Paul Gilbert. I might get to suck his sir weiner of Nottingham if I can play technical difficulties while having technical difficulties.
Oh man, a BBQ show.

What a time to be alive. What a time to be alive....
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 2