Alright.
My friend's birthday is in two weeks.
He wanted to get into guitar lately but he wasn't able to purchase a guitar just yet.

He is a /total/ newbie to guitar playing (he knows begginer's theory just well though) and i was thinking about gifting him a starter pack for his birthday (the epiphone LP special player pack and the fender SQ strat packs/HSS pack come to mind)

However,as i heard most of these packs are a let down, i can also buy an individual guitar+amp.
So what do you guys have for me in these terms?
Cheers!

NOTE: Something i forgot to mention is that his preffered genres are hard/alt rock and punk.He LOVES these.
He also has a thing for grunge but not as much.
Location?
Budget?

Sounds like you really want to hook your friend up, if we knew where you lived and what your budget was it would help us to offer suggestions, for the price of a starter pack you mya be able to get a decent used guitar and maybe a Roland Cube for an amp.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Budget is somewhere around 450 dollars.
And it's really more like a payback.
He gifted me my first bass and amp and i don't want to let him down with this.

And i live in Romania,so no chance for a decent music shop nearby unless im in the mood for a flight to Poland or so.
Last edited by SneKisser at Jul 27, 2016,
I'm not familiar with your are I am in the U.S., possibly Thomann in the UK, Yamaha Pacifica are great guitars for a low price. Getiing one of those should leave you enough for a decent amp, Roland Cube or Peavey Vyper.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
I'm not familiar with your are I am in the U.S., possibly Thomann in the UK, Yamaha Pacifica are great guitars for a low price. Getiing one of those should leave you enough for a decent amp, Roland Cube or Peavey Vyper.

Alright i will look into it thanks.
What about the Epiphone LP standard?
I found a pack with the guitar and a roland cube plus gig bag for nice price.
Quote by SneKisser
Alright i will look into it thanks.
What about the Epiphone LP standard?
I found a pack with the guitar and a roland cube plus gig bag for nice price.

The Epi LP Standard is a good budget guitar imo.
It is definitely decent for a beginner or hobby guitarist and he can change the Pickups later if he wants an Upgrade.
And let's be honest, Les Pauls rule! :p
Can't say anything about the Roland Cube though :/
Last edited by juvion at Jul 27, 2016,
I've played a Epi LP thru a cube and was surprised how it well sounded. I doubt your friend would be disappointed. Don't forget, you'll probably need a cable, tuner, picks and probably a strap. All of that adds up.

When I bought my Epi LP Standard I did it more to own a LP and see what it was like. I ended up loving it so I upgraded pups and wiring, then eventually getting a Gibson. So in my opinion it would be a great buy to get a EPI LP.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, a few pedals.