You want that active tone. You'd be transforming a guitar from passive to actives in the process. But you're on a budget.

Before you do that, I have to ask, are you going to be doing the routing for the battery cavity yourself? Have you gotten the right pots?

If the answers to those questions are "No.", you might want to consider Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers. They're higher priced than your budget, but they deliver a tone similar to actives, but they're passives, so you don't have the additional expenses & concerns from doing the conversion.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
You want that active tone. You'd be transforming a guitar from passive to actives in the process. But you're on a budget.

Before you do that, I have to ask, are you going to be doing the routing for the battery cavity yourself? Have you gotten the right pots?

If the answers to those questions are "No.", you might want to consider Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers. They're higher priced than your budget, but they deliver a tone similar to actives, but they're passives, so you don't have the additional expenses & concerns from doing the conversion.

Dimarzio D-Activators are a good choice for that Active sound in a passive pup. I have some that came stock on my Ibanez Xiphos and they are tight and punchy I was surprised how close they sound to active you should be able to find some used on eBay, I want to try some deathbuckers almost did once and got cold feet.

FWIW most guitars have enough room in the control cavity to fit a 9V battery I have EMG's on my 93 King V and there is no route for the battery just a piece of foam to keep it from moving around or making contact with the pots/wiring etc. I could probably fit 2 for the 18V mod though I haven't tried yet.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jul 28, 2016,
dannyalcatraz Sounds like active pickups, Very similar .Which online music shop do you advice me to buy it ? Better if European in order to save customs duties.
I have already started to looking for on several sites without success, I read it is not a very famous brand ( me too I read it for the first time in your answer )
You can order direct from Lace in the EU:

http://www.lacemusic.eu/
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Looks like Evilnine has you covered, at least for new ones. Happy shopping!

Evilnine, got any clue about used Lace?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 29, 2016,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Looks like Evilnine has you covered, at least for new ones. Happy shopping!

Evilnine, got any clue about used Lace?

I never really looked for used ones, but I do have a Jackson DXMG with crappy EMGHZ that have to go, I'm seriously considering putting some Deathbuckers on it
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge