So we have this band,we basically called it ''horse thief'' which is a common slang amongst Turkish people for people that doesnt do useful stuff with his life or just used as motherf****r in general but slightly softer.Like any band we aim high but even though we think this name wont work in the future (if we have any) we think it would be marginal and funny for the Turkish listeners and,after they learn,for other people.Any thoughts on if we should change it?
From your name - MetalSpawn - I guess it's a metal band? For metal I think you can do whatever the hell you want (Slipknot, Cannibal Corpse, etc) and be pretty much okay, I mean Necrophagist?

If you're in other genres such as pop, or even rock these days, you do kind of need some kind of name that's catchy but inoffensive, if you're looking to get signed/gather bigger gigs than pubs etc. People are likely to disagree, but the truth is even decent venues are looking for a complete package these days.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by MetalSpawn
So we have this band,we basically called it ''horse thief'' which is a common slang amongst Turkish people for people that doesnt do useful stuff with his life or just used as motherf****r in general but slightly softer.Like any band we aim high but even though we think this name wont work in the future (if we have any) we think it would be marginal and funny for the Turkish listeners and,after they learn,for other people.Any thoughts on if we should change it?

Any band name that is memorable and yet won't get you shot dead by the local authorities will do just fine...at least in theory.