So im planning on purchasing a new accoustic guitar and I want to make a good investment as im still a student and don't have the money to go purchasing guitars left and right. These are the 2 guitars that really caught my eye, but I can't seem to decide which one to purchase. The hummingbird costs about $80 more than the Yamaha, but is it really worth those extra $80, I could buy a loop pedal with that. My main goal is to be able to start recording finger style covers so I want to make a good purchase. Please help
Well, the "Hummingbird Pro", is only available as an acoustic electric. If we're talking in terms of the Yamaha FG-700S, that's a pure acoustic. The electric version of the Yamaha is the FGX-700 and it's a cutaway model. I'm just suggesting not comparing apples and oranges, as it were.

I just did some research, and it appears the FGX-700 is on sale for about $245.00. This is a bargain, as the MAP used to be $299.95.

Yamaha may be getting ready to introduce a new model, or whatever. In any event, that's a great price for that compared to the current sell of the Epiphone.

So, all things considered, the Yamaha is likely the best buy.

FWIW, Musician's Friend claims they won't have the Epi until Aug 6, so what are you waiting for?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 27, 2016,