Hi All,

I was looking at getting the Cort G280, it's got a glowing review on music radar and couple of people online have said it's good value for the money. Has anyone owned or played one?

I bought an Epiphone SG Special a few years back, (Which I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy-the wiring and input jack were really poor.), now I'm giving guitar a shot again. I ideally want a versatile instrument with a decent tremolo and the option to coil split, around £400-500 mark.

I've also considered the Schether Stealth C-1 and some G&L models. I prefer the look of the Schether but the Seymour Duncan pickups on the Cort have great reviews. The only thing that's putting me off the Cort is the lack of previous owners/reviews.

Really appreciate any advice and feedback.

Cheers!
Last edited by sivin92 at Jul 28, 2016,
I don't have any experience with the guitar, but based on what I can see I have two different minds about it.

1. It is a solid guitar with great specs for the price where you aren't paying for a big brand name
2. It's got great specs but other aspects of the guitar (wood, frets, pots, finish) have been skimped on to keep costs down

Just my thoughts, sorry they aren't the most helpful.
And what work in stone could compare with the majesty of trees?
Last edited by ec kenny at Jul 28, 2016,
Yamaha Pacifica is a great guitar at that price point.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by ec kenny
I don't have any experience with the guitar, but based on what I can see I have two different minds about it.

1. It is a solid guitar with great specs for the price where you aren't paying for a big brand name
2. It's got great specs but other aspects of the guitar (wood, frets, pots, finish) have been skimped on to keep costs down

Just my thoughts, sorry they aren't the most helpful.

those would pretty much be my thoughts as well- i haven't tried that specific model. I tried a couple of corts ages ago and they seemed reasonable (maybe a little generic), but
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Went ahead with it in the end for £370. Don't think it's goanna have masses of character but decent value for what it is hopefully. Will let you know how I get on!

ec kenny Dave_Mc Evilnine
sivin92 Quick update to say that I'm really happy with the g280. Absolute steal for the price!

Looks great, (Grey colour, not brown!) plays well, it's pretty versatile in it's sound and has stood the test of time so far.

If you were being picky you could lower the action slightly more. The tremelo can put it out of tune if you keep trying Dimebag type squeals but it generally stays in tune well. Plays straight out of the box ๐Ÿ“ฆ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽถ

Thanks Cort