So I changed my strings from 10s to 11s . Scale length is 25.5 . Will I have to make any adjustments to the truss rod ? I play in E standard . I used 10s in standard as well.
Last edited by mydoggylio6 at Jul 28, 2016,
You'll probably need to adjust your intonation. Apart from that not much, as long as it's still playable.
Intonation for sure. I can't imagine not having to change action and truss rod. 11s have a lot more tension.
Intonation and action I'd check as a matter of course; the truss rod might shift, especially on a thin and/or mahogany neck, but whether that's enough to justify and adjustment depends on you and what kind of setup you like (i.e. it will matter more for very low action).
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Thank you guys you were right I did not have to change anything other than the action. Still I get A BIT of buzz don't know why. Mainly at the bridge . When I hit the D and G string they make a funny noise. Anybody know anything? Thanks in advance
Buzz at the bridge often results from loose grub screws (action adjustment and that), but I'm not sure anyone can make any solid guesses without knowing what kind of guitar it is. Pickup springs can sometimes rattle, too.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Buzz at the bridge often results from loose grub screws (action adjustment and that), but I'm not sure anyone can make any solid guesses without knowing what kind of guitar it is. Pickup springs can sometimes rattle, too.
ltd f10. my intonation is good . Will I change the intonation if I adjust the saddles ?
Quote by mydoggylio6
ltd f10. my intonation is good . Will I change the intonation if I adjust the saddles ?
That's a Tune-O-Matic style bridge, right? That doesn't have springs in it at all. If it's definitely not the frets, it's probably either the retainer bar for the intonation screws (I don't know if that model even has one of those) or the pickup height springs.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
That's a Tune-O-Matic style bridge, right? That doesn't have springs in it at all. If it's definitely not the frets, it's probably either the retainer bar for the intonation screws (I don't know if that model even has one of those) or the pickup height springs.
Yes it's in the style of a tune-o-matic bridge, it does not however have a retainer bar . I nver had any problems with the pickup springs