Page 2 of 3
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
wanna test me let's go

If I ever decide to test you I'll let you know.

You'll fail.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'm a god damn danger junkie riding low on my chopper with no god damn brain bucket in sight.

That's logical. Nothing of value to protect...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jul 28, 2016,
Really, you'll both fail but everybody will enjoy watching it crash and burn
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
H4T3BR33D3R fails the mostest times infinity

Dude it has to be true, I mean you said it and you're a pretty rational human being, right?

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Really, you'll both fail but everybody will enjoy watching it crash and burn

In our rigidly binary world there are two kinds of people, winners and people like you.

I thought you were intelligent, you thought you were funny.

Seems we were both mistaken.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Still wear my cup

Probably closer to 1/2 cup, maybe only 5 tablespoons or so...

Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jul 28, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'm a god damn danger junkie riding low on my chopper with no god damn brain bucket in sight.

Have you really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
"Hah! Now Ali, you think you've won, but while you were on the offensive, I had tied a string around your leg"

'Arby you foolish old man, how dare you think such a trick would work on me, check the string, it's broken'

"That was the plan all along Ali, you fool, you think I would fall for that? the string is made of tiny pieces of soul fragments, you cutting it has only released its power"

'you didn't think I knew that? I'm a god damn danger junkie riding low on my chopper with no god damn brain bucket in sight. the broken soul fragments only serve to power my core'

"ah Ali you silly god damn danger junkie riding low on your chopper with no god damn brain bucket in sight, you should have known that these soul fragments are actually your very nemesis for I've infused them with dark energy"

Quote by Arby911
In our rigidly binary world there are two kinds of people, winners and people like you.

I thought you were intelligent, you thought you were funny.

Seems we were both mistaken.

See that's where you're mistaken. I thought you were intelligent, now I just think you're funny.

I'm nothing but the stirring utensil in the pot of life.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by severed-metal
"Hah! Now Ali, you think you've won, but while you were on the offensive, I had tied a string around your leg"

'Arby you foolish old man, how dare you think such a trick would work on me, check the string, it's broken'

"That was the plan all along Ali, you fool, you think I would fall for that? the string is made of tiny pieces of soul fragments, you cutting it has only released its power"

'you didn't think I knew that? I'm a god damn danger junkie riding low on my chopper with no god damn brain bucket in sight. the broken soul fragments only serve to power my core'

"ah Ali you silly god damn danger junkie riding low on your chopper with no god damn brain bucket in sight, you should have known that these soul fragments are actually your very nemesis for I've infused them with dark energy"

Charles Darwin
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
As callous as it is to say I dont give a shit about my culture, my race etc... I care about my friends, my family and myself. I dont believe in religion, I sont believe in karma or fate. I believe in working hard and playing hard and thats how I choose to define myself. Not some label that means nothing at the end of the day.

Do you think knowledge of ancestral history is important? No. If youre interested in it, cool.

Do you form your identity around nationality? Not at all, or else all I would do is speak broken english, sing karaoke or be a nanny.

Is your cultural or national history important to you?
No because I have 0 interest in it and you only live once. I wouls rather waste my time on things I actually care about.

tama ka, karne ng baka lalaki

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
tama ka, karne ng baka lalaki

LOL Pinoy KNB?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
LOL Pinoy KNB?

I never realized saying beef can be a sentence in its own

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
I never realized saying beef can be a sentence in its own

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by seanlang01
Yeah, and like I'm talking about consciously making it a part of your identity. I think it's inevitable and really of no consequence to have some traditions and the like because of where you live or your heritage. Everyone does this, it's unavoidable. It can even be a fun or interesting thing to learn about. But choosing to actively continue and preserve activities, culture, etc. or make it a large part of your personhood because it's what your ancestors "were" seems silly.
I think that attitude in itself is cultural. A lot of stuff today is highly individualistic where our family and cultural groups are a collection of individuals, but many cultures take a very different approach where an individual is made through relationships with others. The only concrete example I have is kind of silly. Like, how all the people create identity in Homer's epics. A few Native communities I know do very similar things.

It's not that they preserve things simply because their ancestors did. Like, their concept of self is tied up in their relations with other people, including long gone ancestors. Of course it seems silly to you if you were raised in a radically different tradition of seeing yourself.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I respect the sentiment to appreciate how far the developed countries that we live in have come given the turmoils and crisis that frequently plagued them in their history. By being born into them, we are unknowingly profiting from the resolutions to those past struggles.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i'm not sure how chinese i am or how american i am, and i don't care to think about it much. i know that i'm pretty american in some ways, and i also have values that could be attributed to being asian, but i'm not going to place any importance on something i was born into.

i would feel the same way about family, but i also have a heart
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by BladeSlinger
I think that attitude in itself is cultural. A lot of stuff today is highly individualistic where our family and cultural groups are a collection of individuals, but many cultures take a very different approach where an individual is made through relationships with others. The only concrete example I have is kind of silly. Like, how all the people create identity in Homer's epics. A few Native communities I know do very similar things.

It's not that they preserve things simply because their ancestors did. Like, their concept of self is tied up in their relations with other people, including long gone ancestors. Of course it seems silly to you if you were raised in a radically different tradition of seeing yourself.

We're right up against totally breaking down and talking about interpellation.

awww yeahhh
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony

awww yeahhh
you gonna get oppressed
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jul 28, 2016,
Quote by Aeolian Harmony

awww yeahhh

Please let's not, I don't need to be yelled at today...
Charles Darwin
this reminds me of that one time european soccer fans started mocking because i was born in canada which means i can't cheer for any sports team other than canadian ones because i must only identify as canadian with no heritage other than canadian
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Arby911
Please let's not, I don't need to be yelled at today...

ha, yeah, let's keep all that in the usa2016 thread.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by BladeSlinger

Jung writes something about Eastern culture generally being more introverted, and Western culture (apart from Scandinavia I guess) as more extroverted, which is why we tend to value more extroverted traits in society (and things like American politicians smiling/showing teeth in pictures is more unheard of then in China for example)
Quote by Fat Lard
Jung writes something about Eastern culture generally being more introverted, and Western culture (apart from Scandinavia I guess) as more extroverted, which is why we tend to value more extroverted traits in society (and things like American politicians smiling/showing teeth in pictures is more unheard of then in China for example)
I'll have to check that out some time. Jung has been on my list for a while
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jul 28, 2016,
I recommend The Portable Jung from the Viking Library as it's got a lot of his works, and pretty comprehensive/well ordered. Guy was interesting af
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
ha, yeah, let's keep all that in the usa2016 thread.

Between the politicians shouting, the media shouting and you bastids shouting it's almost like I don't know what my identity should be anymore.

Yeah right...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Fat Lard
I recommend The Portable Jung from the Viking Library as it's got a lot of his works, and pretty comprehensive/well ordered. Guy was interesting af

Psychiatry/Psychology.

Not real science, just jung science...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Psychiatry/Psychology.

Not real science, just jung science...

Don't read the ancient Greeks guys, as philosophy's changed since then
Quote by BladeSlinger
I think that attitude in itself is cultural. A lot of stuff today is highly individualistic where our family and cultural groups are a collection of individuals, but many cultures take a very different approach where an individual is made through relationships with others.
Hm, yes this is very true. I suppose I should say I find the more individualistic manner of identity to be a form of culture to strive to and I think it is superior to the traditional way.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Last edited by seanlang01 at Jul 28, 2016,
Quote by Fat Lard
Don't read the ancient Greeks guys, as philosophy's changed since then

I'm sure that a compendium of ancient alchemists is compelling reading for you, but I wouldn't put too much faith in the functionality...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I'm sure that a compendium of ancient alchemists is compelling reading for you, but I wouldn't put too much faith in the functionality...

Agreed, but he was still highly influential (he's the reason we even have introversion/extroversion in colloquial use). And things like his archetypes/etc are pretty solidly backed by history. Still writes some insightful things about identity/culture.

This should answer all of your questions. Or none of them.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Why would you let anything define you? Culture is not important, practicing your scales and arpeggios is all that matters. You can dress up and act like whatever you want but it ain't gonna matter.

No, you need to practice modes
I don't really know anyone who's hella into being AMERICAN BITCH. That seems like more of a stereotype than anything. The identity I've always been more comfortable with is Californian. A lot of people I know feel that way too or just don't give a fuck.
I was born in the Philippines and lived there until I was seven. I've lived in the States since then and I feel very detached from my heritage. I never even think about it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Why would you let anything define you? Culture is not important, practicing your scales and arpeggios is all that matters. You can dress up and act like whatever you want but it ain't gonna matter.

This guy never disappoints to go on some tangentially ridiculous shit.
Free Ali
Free Lard