Getting a physical release finally. DMDS meets shaman trancing out to 2001: A Space Odyssey. Caveman Gnosticism from Norway. Never comes off as too busy, an all too common trapping in attempts at this style. Wonderfully cohesive, massive and introspective. The alien traits never feel non-Metal in nature.

Enjoy.

https://recitations.bandcamp.com/
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Yes, apart of the new generation of weird metal like Howls of Ebb, Urfaust, and Ruins of Beverast. Love this stuff.

There's the bit around 5 minutes into Tongueskull Sacrament that summons a wormhole, taking the listener to a place of cosmic fantasy, where the listeners recite their wisdom. It's a very nice combination of black metal, doom and ????, although putting a label doesn't help anyone, they're very strange. Wherever they get their other inspiration from, it's beyond me, but wonderful.

Kind of static musical presentation, black metal > space, other dimensions, when else in time,, but enjoyable no less. Like every track summons a new intergalactic entity through black metal then takes us through the experience.
Ekhidna Records

Send an email to ekhidnarecords@gmail.com to pre-order. $6.50 CAD + shipping.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Shitting my pants in anticipation. That phased out Riff halfway through Tongueskull Sacrament that turns into that staccato sounding pulse, giving way to that chord climbing journey with a brief respite of delicacy, before plummeting into back into flesh? Fuck!

If throat singing was turned into Metal, we'd be here.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one