So, I have decided to buy myself a new amp. I have a budget of 330$ and was wondering what to buy. I mostly looking for good distortion and overdrive. I have no problem with buying something used. Some of the amps i have considered are the following:
Marshall Fifty Spit Reverb Combo Used
Peavey VYPYR VIP 3 100W 1x12 Guitar Modeling Combo Amp Black
Vox AV30 30W 1X10 Analog Modeling Guitar Combo Amp Black
Marshall CODE 50W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp Black
Fender Mustang III V.2 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp Black

If anyone is wondering what location for used amps look around Miami, Florida. Thanks!!!
Last edited by cartucci2017 at Jul 28, 2016,
^+1 I can't speak on the Bugera, but the Blue Voodoo and Valveking would work well. However, I will say if I remember correctly (it has been a long time since I've played a Blue Voodoo) that to get a killer metal tone with the BV, you'll want to get an overdrive. Thankfully a Bad monkey is fairly cheap and pretty good.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by Nolasludge
^+1 I can't speak on the Bugera, but the Blue Voodoo and Valveking would work well. However, I will say if I remember correctly (it has been a long time since I've played a Blue Voodoo) that to get a killer metal tone with the BV, you'll want to get an overdrive. Thankfully a Bad monkey is fairly cheap and pretty good.

i would go VK over the blue voodoo in stock form. i have owned both. i modded my blue voodoo a bit and it was well worth my effort. pretty solid difference.

you will need an OD with either. a VK really needs an EQ in the loop IMO.

i wouldn't recommend the bad monkey. tone suckage extraordinaire.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Since you mention distortion and overdrive, of the ones one your list, the VYPYR will give you plenty.
I wouldn't recommend the mustang iii unless you are a beginner. Very digital sounding.
Fender Baja Telecaster
Gretsch G5422tdc
Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster
Vox AC15C1
Peavey ultra's can sometimes pop up at that price. Used old gen Valve kings are great for there price too. I've seen XXX's at 350 or less but it might have too much gain depending on what genre you're doing.

Edit: used tube vypr 60 or 120w as well
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 29, 2016,
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Peavey ultra's can sometimes pop up at that price. Used old gen Valve kings are great for there price too. I've seen XXX's at 350 or less but it might have too much gain depending on what genre you're doing.

Edit: used tube vypr 60 or 120w as well

steve hit it head on with the ultras. the XXX may be a little more gainy on the ultra channel for him, but the crunch channel is pretty solid. i would go ultra over XXX in my opinion but you may even find a JSX, that would be the way to go. i love my JSX.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's a solid amp that'll be a great bang for the buck, and better than what was listed in your first thread. It's amp models are based on some of the amps was e suggested. What's it going for and is the sanpera controller included?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 31, 2016,