Considering buying an E-II, but I feel like I won't get that much money for it if I sell it simply because it's an E-II and not an ESP Standard, even though it's the same guitar.

If I bought an ESP E-II Eclipse and kept it in excellent condition do you think I'd be able to sell it for above $1000?
what do they go for used on ebay? that will answer your ? check the finished sales and see what the average is.
E-II guitars don't have a good resale value. They're a steal for the buyer though. I picked up my E-II Horizon for $700 used and it goes for $1700 new. As from what I've seen though if you sold it would between $900-$1000
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Last edited by ltdguy27 at Jul 28, 2016,
There are some personal owned E-II Eclipses on Reverb for $1000 - $1100 now. New they are $1600 - $1700

That ratio seems higher than a 50-60% resale number for many other guitars.

Don't expect to make a profit or to break even buying new and then reselling later.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Consider for a moment that I got my ESP NT7 for roughly $400. Deal of the century to be sure, but like, they go in the same range.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well if you're worried about the resale value, why not let someone else take the depreciation hit and buy used?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs