well, just yesterday i was posting a thread about how to improve my EPI acoustic. i was saying how i didn't want to buy another acoustic.

i am trolling craigslist and see an ad for trade of a martin X series. it was up for a little while and i thought, huh. maybe i will shoot him an offer. i offered him a MIM electric. and we met up. so i traded a MIM strat for this lovely martin, with a fishman preamp (right word?). i am so happy.

to further this story, i owned the same guitar (without the electronics) a few years ago for $450ish and i traded it for a '95 MIM strat, two hard cases and $175 from a friend (he knew that the deal was in my favor, i told him), as he wanted an acoustic, so we did the deal.

further yet, this guitar's liniage goes as fllows: i bought a peavey wolfgang for $350, traded it for the MIM strat and $130 dollars and a hard case. i traded that strat for this Martin.

so twice have i traded MIM strats for Martins several years apart.

i came out pretty good i think. only problem is i have at least six fender strat/tele HSC's. lol.

so here are some pics of her:

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Very nice. Looks like it is in great condition!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Well, a provisional , "Happy New Guitar Day" to you, sir.

I am a bit troubled by the way you summarily kicked your poor Epiphone to the curb. (With that said, I'm rally not one to wallow in sympathy for inexpensive guitars). So, I guess that warrants a "just kidding". Enjoy your new Martin!
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 29, 2016,
I'm all in favour of building acoustic instrument using synthetic materials, and I've tried a few of those and liked them. The "X" series came up in discussion in the UMGF a few days ago, and one of the luthiers opined something I had never thought about. - The big cost saving compared to their wood models isn't in the materials, but that they don't have to apply a finish to the back and sides.
love me some woody martin action!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Captaincranky
Well, a provisional , "Happy New Guitar Day" to you, sir.

I am a bit troubled by the way you summarily kicked your poor Epiphone to the curb. (With that said, I'm rally not one to wallow in sympathy for inexpensive guitars). So, I guess that warrants a "just kidding". Enjoy your new Martin!

Thanks! lol on the epi, it will get used on occasion.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Tony Done

That is interesting. it makes sense.

I also like the alternative materials because they are more humidity resistant than all solid. solid top is s nice thing to have to.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
well. i like her. went to a bar a friend was playing at, after the set and the bar had most emptied, we did a two acoustic jam for a bit. it sounded really good through the pa, and we had a great time.

I am a happy Martin owner

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!