Page 1 of 2
Hi folks

On the way home today I was approaching a busy three exit roundabout wishing to turn right.i was in the correct lane (the right) but my exit was blocked by stationary traffic so I could get on the roundabout but not off it until the traffic clears.The traffic i would be cutting off from exiting on my left side would be unable to move as I would be blocking the roundabout.So before I moved on to the roundabout I thought I would wait until it clears enough so I can clear it safely but I hear this twat behind me hooting away.So I decide to go on to the the roundabout but stop so the other side wasn't blocked off but this old bastard starts hooting again.I get out to confront him (I'm not the confrontation type as I generally don't care for pepoles impatience) but he starts ranting and raving even tho I explained to him I have no where to go.

Am I in the wrong as I was under the impression you should not block off a roundabout?
you should not have got out of the car

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
idk i just would've safely got off the roundabout or gone all the way around fuck what other people think if you cut them up on the roundabout once in a while its no water off your back

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I would've just ignored him. He's a cunt. He'll always be a cunt. You coming out of the car to explain yourself won't fix that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
EndTheRapture51I get where your coming from but seriously it would have taken a minute for it to have adequate room for me to get off it without any aggro.It was the equivalent of sitting in traffic on this side of the roundabout or sitting in traffic on the other side.
It's pointless to ask questions like that because the answer is simply because they can and they want to.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i guess youre in the uk?

i have similar issues at the one awful circle near me and tend to avoid it entirely.

people beep at you and you physically have nowhere to go.

i just laugh.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by EndTheRapture51
you should not have got out of the car

wow, got it in one. pretty good for the pit.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
wow, got it in one. pretty good for the pit.

Long time no see
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
jakesmellspooYes I am.Im 95% sure I'm in the right.

This snippet is what I did which I'm sure was right.

The other important one I'll add is Do no queue on roundabouts. If your exit is blocked, do not queue across the entrance closest to the exit you wish to leave on. Doing so stops people who want to drive straight through or to another exit that isn't blocked from getting through the intersection. This is a bit harder to do for new drivers, but if it looks like your exit is full and blocked, stop before you would close off the entrance of the preceding entry point.

Same thing goes with any intersection, especially ones with traffic lights, but yeah, this requires the driver to be paying attention in the first place too.

Roundabouts serve a number of purposes, and if you drive on them properly, they do their job super efficiently.

1. They're self-regulating intersections. They tend to work substantially better than bloody traffic lights depending on traffic density.
2. They're designed to slow the traffic down. You will often have to slowdown to enter a roundabout, and navigate around it safely.
3. They make it very easy for less frequently used roads to enter a main road, much better than a simple T or cross roads intersection.
4. They allow traffic to flow better. You tend not to have cars stack up on roundabouts, because when operating soundly, you're usually always moving.
5. They allow you to perform U turns safely and without hassle. Remember, in NSW, it's illegal to perform a U turn at a set of traffic lights unless signposted to allow the turn.

Of course, to work most efficiently, they require everyone driving on them to indicate properly and follow the basic rules regarding roundabouts. Most people do the latter, but not the former, unfortunately.

If I could avoid it I would as some days it's really bad but I can't as its basically right outside where I stay.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Long time no see

hey bro

i'm sat in Singapore airport bored out of my skull. I was driven to this (no pun intended)

oh and fair warning both of my 7 hour flights have wifi so brace yourself for 14 hours of increasingly incoherent ramblings

sorry to 'jack the thread (pun intended)
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
hey bro

i'm sat in Singapore airport bored out of my skull. I was driven to this (no pun intended)

oh and fair warning both of my 7 hour flights have wifi so brace yourself for 14 hours of increasingly incoherent ramblings

sorry to 'jack the thread (pun intended)

Niiiiice man. Yeah boredom will do that to you.

I'm out for lunch soon so I might be acquainted with jack as well.

You still play?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I think the biggest problem with them in my country (I live near Seattle - Edmonds and Woodinville have roundabouts) is people don't know how to drive on one, I've seen people from out of state pull up, stop, and THEN go after giving a look like "what the fuck is this shit?" - the whole idea with a roundabout is to preemptively plan your entry so that you don't have to stop, then swing around to your exit and continue on your merry way without stopping - I LOVE them, it keeps traffic flowing when done right, and they are also fun if you have a car that rides like it's on rails.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Last edited by Mad-Mike_J83 at Jul 29, 2016,
Mad-Mike_J83Exactly what I did.Approached it signalled slowed down saw my exit wasn't available for the time being stopped to wait for gap so the other side wouldn't be obstructed which like I said would take a min or so without fucking up everyone else until this old geriatric cunt in his 4x4 including trailers starts acting like a complete bellend.In the end both myself and him ended up blocking the side I intended to leave free flowing just to sit in the traffic i was waiting to clear.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Niiiiice man. Yeah boredom will do that to you.

I'm out for lunch soon so I might be acquainted with jack as well.

You still play?

Yea i've been playing bass in a 50s rock and roll band which has been getting some decent gigs (a first for me) for a few years, about to knock it on the head though, really not digging the setlist :/

Still jamming in the house when i can, I keep meaning to mess around and record some licks or something. VC15 still going strong! (obviously excluding the clean channel which i broke about a year after i got it lul)

how about yourself? what you been up to?
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
Yea i've been playing bass in a 50s rock and roll band which has been getting some decent gigs (a first for me) for a few years, about to knock it on the head though, really not digging the setlist :/

Still jamming in the house when i can, I keep meaning to mess around and record some licks or something. VC15 still going strong! (obviously excluding the clean channel which i broke about a year after i got it lul)

how about yourself? what you been up to?

Nice man. Glad to hear youre still keeping busy and playing. A lot of people ended up dropping off so its good to hear that youre getting gigs

Im doing well. I stopped playing for a bit but I got back into it. I jam with a few buddies once in a while and record some gear demos sometimes.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice man. Glad to hear youre still keeping busy and playing. A lot of people ended up dropping off so its good to hear that youre getting gigs

Im doing well. I stopped playing for a bit but I got back into it. I jam with a few buddies once in a while and record some gear demos sometimes.

Yea its so hard to make time. Deffo had better chops a few years ago :/

sounds good, playing with others is definitely the way to improve.

Gear demos are cool man, link me up.

Oh i've joined the gibbo train too
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
Yea its so hard to make time. Deffo had better chops a few years ago :/

sounds good, playing with others is definitely the way to improve.

Gear demos are cool man, link me up.

Oh i've joined the gibbo train too

Im in the same boat but im playing a bit more so im getting back into the groove. Deffo a bit hard to make time when im working almost nonstop but I get it done.

Playing with others is fun for sure and ill toss you a link yo my SC when i get back to the office. It doesnt have much (just an amp demo) right now but I will be adding more clips on the weekend cause I got a few new pedals.

Niceeee. What did you score?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Im in the same boat but im playing a bit more so im getting back into the groove. Deffo a bit hard to make time when im working almost nonstop but I get it done.

Playing with others is fun for sure and ill toss you a link yo my SC when i get back to the office. It doesnt have much (just an amp demo) right now but I will be adding more clips on the weekend cause I got a few new pedals.

Niceeee. What did you score?

i know, I'm living on my own rn so its a toss up between jam for an hour or do last week's dishes/laundry/hoover

Saw a classic pro 2 in guitar guitar which seemed like great value then they knocked £200 off later that day. It was a sign!!! It's sunburst with zebra pups because i am obviously jimmy page what you rocking?
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i know, I'm living on my own rn so its a toss up between jam for an hour or do last week's dishes/laundry/hoover

Saw a classic pro 2 in guitar guitar which seemed like great value then they knocked £200 off later that day. It was a sign!!! It's sunburst with zebra pups because i am obviously jimmy page what you rocking?

Nice. The classics are pretty nice. Is it the one with the boost?

I have too many guitars now but Gibson wise I have an R8 and a regular USA LP. Got 2 other LPs though but they arent Gibson

Sold both my Supremes a while ago
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice. The classics are pretty nice. Is it the one with the boost?

I have too many guitars now but Gibson wise I have an R8 and a regular USA LP. Got 2 other LPs though but they arent Gibson

Sold both my Supremes a while ago

Yea its naughty

noice, Those supremes were cool, very imposing, but atm i think i'm favouring the traditional look. I'm liking the collectors choice line (as if i could ever afford one )

This though
Can't visualize what the situation was but yea the roundabout should not be blocked. That's almost akin to blocking a 4-way intersection.

A few days ago, some fucking asshole piece of shit driver (aka MD driver) in a pickup truck turned into my lane at the last second with no turn signal (business as usual around here) and I lost it. I got in front of that cunt and slowed the fuck down. He tried to move over to another lane and I kept blocking him. Fantasized shooting the fuck out of him for the rest of the day.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
Yea its naughty

noice, Those supremes were cool, very imposing, but atm i think i'm favouring the traditional look. I'm liking the collectors choice line (as if i could ever afford one )

This though

The true historics are nice but I would never pay for one. Thats way too much bread for different plastics and back color. If you want a killer deal aim for 13-14 R8s. You get most of the major changes they have on the TH line without the stupid prices.

Stay away from the CS9 and CS8. Those are a ripoff. Youre basically paying premium for a standard LP
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Xiaoxi
Can't visualize what the situation was but yea the roundabout should not be blocked. That's almost akin to blocking a 4-way intersection.

A few days ago, some fucking asshole piece of shit driver (aka MD driver) in a pickup truck turned into my lane at the last second with no turn signal (business as usual around here) and I lost it. I got in front of that cunt and slowed the fuck down. He tried to move over to another lane and I kept blocking him. Fantasized shooting the fuck out of him for the rest of the day.

Do you mind? we're trying to have a conversation...
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
loolol

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

I PM'd you my awful soundcloud. Enjoy
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Yeah you're generally not supposed to queue on a roundabout.

Ignore the cunts in the future. If you're in the right then fuck them. Don't waste your time or endanger yourself by getting out. The other person might do the same and they might be bigger and meaner than you.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Xiaoxi

I love doing shit like that. Nothing pisses them off more than going exactly at the speed limit or just below when they can't over/undertake.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

are we allowed to say cunt on here now?

edit: wow turns out its a fucking yes
Last edited by stevo_epi_SG_wo at Jul 29, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I PM'd you my awful soundcloud. Enjoy

Thanks man, don't think i'll be able to stream music at 40k ft but I'll check it out later on
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
are we allowed to say cunt on here now?

edit: wow turns out its a fucking yes

Yep!

No more swear filter
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yep!

No more swear filter

Get in. I might as well remove the [ ] keys from my computer now
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
Get in. I might as well remove the [ ] keys from my computer now

I still catch myself doing the font size trick even though its gone
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Thanks for all your input.I just like to do the right thing and this is the only route to and from my home to my workplace and I have to deal with it everyday so I just want to be sure I'm following the correct procedure as I'm not getting my car fucked for any cunt that can't show a little bit of patience.
Quote by smittyanthrax
Thanks for all your input.I just like to do the right thing and this is the only route to and from my home to my workplace and I have to deal with it everyday so I just want to be sure I'm following the correct procedure as I'm not getting my car fucked for any cunt that can't show a little bit of patience.

I feel like i should actually chime in now,

good decision not ploughing onto the roundabout, at the end of the day whats the point, all you do is hold people up.

next time someone honks at you just turn your tunes up and tilt your mirror down

I will add that as a cyclist i get my fat share of aggro thrown at me on the roads (and then some). I've noticed the main offenders are:

1) young women (they tend to settle down as they age)
2) middle aged men (younger guys seem to be pretty cool, then they turn into ronnie pickering)
3) old people (regardless of gender once people hit a certain age they loose all sense of patience and become very selfish. presumable they realise they are on deaths door and no longer have time to waste getting places)

i await the flaming for making such sweeping statements
Page 1 of 2