Hi folks, I recently had a killswitch installed on my guitar and I am dealing with an extremely frustrating problem: I only get a full sound coming through the amp (which is new) when at least one finger is touching the killswitch. Basically, I have to hold one finger on it to get a sound, which as someone would imagine, is a tedious and annoying thing to have to do.

Guitar Center installed the killswitch, so my guess is that they did something in correctly? It can't possibly have been me, because this problem was apparent from the first time I practiced after my guitar came back home.

Any help is appreciated,
Thank you
Touching or do you have to press it? If its just via touch I would imagine they buggered it up and didnt ground the switch right
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Touching or do you have to press it? If its just via touch I would imagine they buggered it up and didnt ground the switch right

Shoot sorry, I forgot to include that it is in fact a switch, not a button. In that case yes, I have to just be touching it, not pressing it down.
Last edited by cg999651 at Jul 29, 2016,
My guess is they muffed up the install. Sounds like it isnt grounded right if you have to touch it and it works.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That must be it. I get sound without touching it, but its very weak. I guess I'll be sending it back in.