Had my headphones plugged into my amp and running an AUX cord from my iPad to my Lin6 Spider IV amp. Was only hearing music through one hear so I adjusted the AUX cable and it started to smoke and the amp went dead. Is it worth trying to fix it?
It`s a line6 Spider. It`s not worth to fix it.
Seriously, it may be worth fixing if it`s just a resistor failure, but if it`s an IC failure then I doubt it`s even possible to repait it. You need to open it up and find what happened
Headphones into the headphone/output jack and music source into the aux in should not blow up the amp. If you let the smoke out, it wasn't because of any of that. It may have just happened.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Likely just happened with the headphones having no part to play in it. The amp is dead and not worth repairing given the likely cost of it, it's time for a nice new amp!

Let us know you're budget and we'll sort you out with an amp that'll be 10x better than the Spider!
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
ryanbwagsThe aux cable was cheap and I may have bent it by bumping into it. Smoke came from the hole where the AUX cable goes into. Very tragic!
time for something new. it is not economical to fix the amp, or maybe not even possible with all of the surface mounted components.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
where did you plug in the AUX cable again?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
gsplsngr Even if you somehow shorted out the aux jack, it wouldn't have killed the amp.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
What replacement parts are available are too expensive. I know. I tried looking for them when mine blew. Fuse blew, power board fried, and even some traces on the other boards.

It was the amp of shame for those who didn't bring their own amp.