Im considering both the line 6 g50, and the shure blx14 systems. Anyone who has used both, or either would recommend them? Pros/cons of each. Both are $300 and i was just curious on some more specific reviews. Thanks guys.
(signature removed, please choose another)
I use the Shure system when we play big rooms or clubs with bigger stages where I may go to the other side of the stage. I've had it for years, and it has served me well. I've never used the Line 6, nor do I know anyone who has. I believe Fluff (Ryan Bruce) uses a Line 6 wireless, but I don't know if it is the particular one you are looking at. One con that I will say on the Shure unit is the clip on the receiver isn't the greatest in the world. I would suggest either taping it, or what I do is clip it where the receiver is resting longways on the strap because the clip has a solid grip on the strap that way. I've never had it fall off using that method.

Edit: I'll also add that I've never had a drop out or significantly weak signal (wireless units at that price range will always have somewhat of a weakened signal) with the exception of me trying to stretch a battery for one more show, which was actually my fault.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Last edited by Nolasludge at Jul 29, 2016,
The line 6 is excellent - i rented one for a weekend. The main problem I had with it was the proprietary jack that plugs to the guitar, it's annoyingly short, but still workeable.

You get a minute amount of tone suck, but it's very minor.