What happened to it? How can we easily see the news, reviews and everything else?
Looks the same as it always has to me. What specifically is stopping you from doing that?
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I'm not stupid I know how to click the homepage. But it's what appears instead of the normal thing.
Return to classic? Geez if that's the modern you can keep it o.o What kind of web/UI designer thought that looked good?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991
Return to classic? Geez if that's the modern you can keep it o.o What kind of web/UI designer thought that looked good?
It's significantly more useful for tabs, with both the YouTube videos and Tab Pro system built-in. It's also pretty well-organized.

What don't you like about the design?
Quote by NeoMvsEu
It's significantly more useful for tabs, with both the YouTube videos and Tab Pro system built-in. It's also pretty well-organized.

Im guessing he is talking strictly from a stylistic standpoint since from what I can see in that screenshot, the layout is kind of sparce and the colors are kind of plain.

If its better and easier to navigate for tab people then I would think thats the most important part anyway.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by NeoMvsEu

I appreciate the intended clarity in regards to tabulature - and the need for that, given it's likely the biggest revenue generator via ads - but it's suffering from the same problem just about every modern UI design is. They all want to look like apps. But this is a webpage, not an app. Web pages are meant for much more detail and choice, web pages are meant to be landing zones that redirect to a vast yet specific number of places at once. Apps are meant for sub-menus and redirecting across multiple gateways, therein creating the idea of simplicity and increasing screen revenue for the designer-decided 'primary objects'.

What bothers me about it are:

1. The incredible font size accompanied by vast white spaces. I get UG has never been big on colour but that doesn't mean white is acceptable in regards to being clueless about colour

2. The fact that the site is pushing something on to me whilst masquerading as a 'personalized view' - new songs to try? Top users? Why are you pushing those? Even the biggest of websites fail utterly in regards to tailoring content to each specific user, it's a complete and utter waste of time in regards to development and is nothing but infuriating when you search for one thing and then it repeats over and over again when you didn't even want to look at it in the first place

3. The lack of news and other related articles (I get they're a small part of the product, but good web design and business is reflected in the understanding that it's lots of small revenue streams that really keep a company alive)

4. I prefer to have a macro view when I land on a home page, not a micro view. You're not offering me a great deal of choice or showing me what you offer, it's very, very limited and specified

5. It looks very child friendly but very often your subject matter won't be. It's a very big disconnect

6. It also looks like this isn't a professional production anymore. It looks more like someone's first web design assignment, it's very WordPress (drop the text box here, drop the image box here, snap it all together)

7. It's also very close to a Google+ rip off, and we all know that went ^^
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by MattyPS
None of this worked
Can you give a screenshot of what you see at the bottom of all the EVO scrolling?

Anthony1991
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on some of the opinions, particularly when this design is still under development and won't be officially released for a while. I personally like seeing less if given the choice.

The appearance of EVO (again) is probably a bug. I can still get in and out by will.

Quote by Amuro Jay
are you using a mobile device? i can't seem to come across the page you're showing

To enter: www.ultimate-guitar.com/?new_ug_exp=1
To exit: bottom of page, "Return to Classic", or the link inside the post link I posted earlier.
Thanks for trying to help guys.
I am not using a mobile device and I don't see any "Return to Classic" link either.
Also I cleaned the cookies of the website to see if it wouldn't change anything but it didn't.

Here's how it looks when I scroll the EVO page:

Last edited by MattyPS at Jul 31, 2016,
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Anthony1991
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on some of the opinions, particularly when this design is still under development and won't be officially released for a while. I personally like seeing less if given the choice.

Fair enough, it's just, I guess given that i've been using the internet since it became available and now the modern age of just barely any detail and the app look - I just, it's frustrating. It feels like a step back, dumbed down, even. I guess there's no place for internet dinosaurs anymore

I will probably stop using the site if that's the design moving forward. UI/web design is a strong element of me using a site or not - and I don't actually need tabs anymore. I just come here to see news every and now and then, and occasionally drop in on threads where I think I can be of use.

Not an ultimatum or anything, it's the same as what happened to the BBC Formula 1 site. It moved to an app based look and started 'suggesting' content rather than presenting what I actually wanted. I was there for Forumla 1, why were they pushing football on me? Anyway.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster