Hey folks i am trying to figure out things i will need to buy for a silent rehearsal room for my band so we can hear it in headphones. we dont have budget for sound proofing and dont want to buy a jamhub so far i am thinking of buying a electric drum kit which will go in a alto zmx 164 fx usb-16 channel mixer along with other instruments and vocals, then the signal will go into a behringer ha400 ultra headphone amplifier and through it into our headphones so do you think this will work or can you help me with a better option. Any help or suggestion is appreciated. THANKS ^_^
Quote by darklord100
Hey folks i am trying to figure out things i will need to buy for a silent rehearsal room for my band so we can hear it in headphones. we dont have budget for sound proofing and dont want to buy a jamhub so far i am thinking of buying a electric drum kit which will go in a alto zmx 164 fx usb-16 channel mixer along with other instruments and vocals, then the signal will go into a behringer ha400 ultra headphone amplifier and through it into our headphones so do you think this will work or can you help me with a better option. Any help or suggestion is appreciated. THANKS ^_^

It snot going to be "silent" if you're singing. And hopefully you don't have horns in the band or other percussion.

We put together modelers for guitars and bass and ran those and the keyboards into a mixer and then out to headphones. But here's one issue: you'll need to have a mixer that will allow you to have *different* mixes output to those headphones. Or each person will want to have the overall mix run into a personal mixer that will allow them to run their own modeler into their headphones so they can hear as much of themselves as they like. You're also going to be spending some serious money on that electronic drum kit (ours was around $2600 and several are double that) if you want a drummer to actually *use* it. The under-$1000 kits will just make them mad.

As mentioned, you'll probably want a singing booth .That, at least, should be a bit sound proofed.
Quote by Cathbard
I know nothing about these apart from that they exist.

http://www.jamhub.com/

And that he said he didn't want one?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Oh yeah. So he did.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Only reason i dont want to buy a jamhub is because it cost twice as much in my country then its is in the US
Quote by darklord100
Only reason i dont want to buy a jamhub is because it cost twice as much in my country then its is in the US

Might still be a better alternative to a mismatched pile of gear that may or may not do what you need it to?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by darklord100
dspellman thanks man, will keep that in mind
can you recommend me some mixers with that capability.

I'm working on it.
We're close with some of the newer mixers that use one or more iOS devices to direct everything.
Otherwise, it's back to the "mismatched pile of gear"...