Hi guys, i recently bought a brand new electric guitar Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster. This is my first electric guitar.
Sadly i noticed there is a gap between the body and pickguard. I cannot close the gap because the screw nearby the gap is the pickup-height adjustment screw. Can this be a fault or is this suppose to be like this on this model? If anyone has the same guitar model or experience i'm glad to hear it. I uploaded the picture as pdf attachment.
Attachments:
GapPickguard.pdf
Yeah, that's not meant to be like that. If you can return it, I'd recommend doing so. You should be able to get another of the same model without the defect. If you can't, then you should be able to find a replacement pickguard and either get someone to swap them or do it yourself, depending how confident you are with screwdrivers.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
K33nbl4d3 Thanks i will return this one and maybe get the same one or the HSS version.
Maybe one of the wires isn't in the cavity properly and it is pushing the pickguard up.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
N1ghtmar3C1n3ma i think that's the case. I just made a close up picture of the gap. This is just awful to see.
Attachments:
CloseUpGap.pdf
There are possible ways of sorting it out, but if they don't work they're money wasted as the guitar then can't be returned and probably needs a new pickguard. Returning the guitar at this point has no such issues - it solves the problem and is risk-free.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Yeah just return it if your not confident with messing about with it
Thanks guys. I will return the product and get the same one without the defect.