Im in search for an amp that would suit my style. I dont know every amps out there hence the reason im asking for ideas of amp. I mainly play metal for example : Lamb of god, Metallica, Slayer, Gojira, Amon Amarth, Cradle of filth, Children of boddom and the list goes on.. I would still like to have good clean on the amp. Im currently thinking about the EVH iii 50 watts, im still unsure if i wanna 100% go with it since theres lot of amps out there. My pricing range would be anything under 2k. Thank you
a JSX would be a top contender if i were in your shoes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
A friend of mine has an EVH 5150 III 50 watt. It is a really good amp, but one thing I will say is that there can be a volume disparity between the blue channel and green channel, which can be a problem, especially if you are playing in a band situation. There is a mod that you can have done to it, though.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by trashedlostfdup
a JSX would be a top contender if i were in your shoes.

Will take a look at them, any model in particularly ?
Quote by Nolasludge
A friend of mine has an EVH 5150 III 50 watt. It is a really good amp, but one thing I will say is that there can be a volume disparity between the blue channel and green channel, which can be a problem, especially if you are playing in a band situation. There is a mod that you can have done to it, though.

Yes thats what i heard too, the 100 watt doesnt have this problem though but its too expensive for me
Quote by Fumble fingers
Mesa Boogie MK V

Would love to get a mesa but god damn theyre expensive
will-189 ..... new they just slightly over your budget ....... used is for sure in your territory ...... Mesa don't care who bought it first , 5 year warranty regardless if your third owner .... I got my MK V for 1500.00 with all the case candy , papers , shipping box and 2 years left on the warranty ..... and there are a plenty even cheaper than mine
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Jul 31, 2016,
Quote by Fumble fingers
will-189 ..... new they just slightly over your budget ....... used is for sure in your territory ...... Mesa don't care who bought it first , 5 year warranty regardless if your third owner .... I got my MK V for 1500.00 with all the case candy , papers , shipping box and 2 years left on the warranty ..... and there are a plenty even cheaper than mine

Thats what i was thinking at the moment, i just saw a triple rectifier at 1.2k
Will , the guy I got my MK V from bought a Mesa MK V 25 after he sold me the V ..... so there's another option Mk V 35 or 25 could be a nice choice and is in your budget new ..... Mesa's hold there value pretty good too in case you ever decide to sell it
Quote by will-189
Thats what i was thinking at the moment, i just saw a triple rectifier at 1.2k

I bought my3 channel Dual recto with Mesa 4x12 for 1000.00 used from Craigs list locally..... my favorite amp of all
Quote by Fumble fingers
Will , the guy I got my MK V from bought a Mesa MK V 25 after he sold me the V ..... so there's another option Mk V 35 or 25 could be a nice choice and is in your budget new ..... Mesa's hold there value pretty good too in case you ever decide to sell it

Whats the difference between all 3 ?