Hi, I am looking to buy a guitar and an amp that I'm going to use for practice. My budget is around 1000 dollars and I play mostly metal.

I've been looking around and I found these two guitars: Schecter Omen Extreme 6 and Ibanez RG350.

Thanks for your help!
Can you try the Ibanez or Schecter or models similar to them? They are quite different from eachother in feel, the neck profiles and fretboard radius are completely different, you will definitel prefer the feeling of one over the other.

Get the guitar that feels best to you, although personally I would recommend Ibanez over Schecter.

As for amps, Something like a Marshall DSL40C, Laney IRT Studio + V30 loaded Cab, Peavey 6505 MH + V30 loaded cab would probably all be in budget and good for metal.

If you be a bit more specific we can probably help you out more.

Metal ranges from Black Sabbath to Cannibal Corpse and they have wildly different tones and gear requirements.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Can you try the Ibanez or Schecter or models similar to them? They are quite different from eachother in feel, the neck profiles and fretboard radius are completely different, you will definitel prefer the feeling of one over the other.

Get the guitar that feels best to you, although personally I would recommend Ibanez over Schecter.

As for amps, Something like a Marshall DSL40C, Laney IRT Studio + V30 loaded Cab, Peavey 6505 MH + V30 loaded cab would probably all be in budget and good for metal.

If you be a bit more specific we can probably help you out more.

Metal ranges from Black Sabbath to Cannibal Corpse and they have wildly different tones and gear requirements.

Thanks you for the quick response, I've owned a Squire Affinity Strat for almost two years, so i am used to the feel of it.

My favourite band is Amon Amarth (they play a lot in B), but i also play songs from Be'lakor, Megadeth and Metallica.
Last edited by ambicatusb at Jul 31, 2016,
You can't really go wrong with Ibanez, you can get some good deals if you look at used ones, the made in japan ones are the best quality, good luck.