Im really new to setting amp settings and that stuff and was wondering how to get a similar tone to this guy () Plz help been trying for days and still cant get it
what kind of guitar and amp do you have? That sounds pretty much like a stratocaster to me. He changes pickups (pay attention to the pickup selector switch) and amp setting a lot throughout the song. Is there a specific part you're thinking of?

At 2.08 he's slapping so that's how he gets that sound.

Honestly I think it's just a basic strat sound with a talented guy playing it.
flexiblemile Around 0:41 to 1:00, I also use a standard single coil strat and I am playing directly through a computer with Bias Fx.
Hmm. It sounds kind of VOXY to me. So try a VOX amp sim set with a light amount of distortion, then use a tubescreamer to boost it a little bit. Use a little bit of delay and reverb as well. Do not scoop mids.

Really you could probably get a similar tone using a Marshall or Fender sim as well.
Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 1, 2016,
Quote by studiodoge2016
flexiblemile Around 0:41 to 1:00, I also use a standard single coil strat and I am playing directly through a computer with Bias Fx.

I'd say go for a Fender sim with quite a bit of drive (not going into distortion/fuzz territory though) with treble and bass fairly high and the mids at halfway-ish.
He's also using the middle pickup in that section.