Greetings!
Lovely people of UG, meet Elaine.

Isn't she beautiful, ladies and gentleman?

I caught her in my net 3 years ago and I immediately fell in love with her sound. Just brilliant. Neck, body, Gilmour-ish look, Canada - perfect. All my friends ripped off their nipples when they found you can get one for 560€. But the real cherry on the proverbial sundae was the H.D.R. system, which stands for High-Definition Revoicer.

I know what you're thinkin' pals. You want to know that the hell it is. Well, you've come to the right place.

According to godinguitars.com:
A Godin guitar equipped with the new High-Definition Revoicer system is like having 2 sets of pickups in 1 Godin guitar. The H.D.R. augments and revoices the frequencies of each pickup, taking them to the next level of sonic clarity with a zero-hum, noiseless high-definition sound. Giving players that extra bite along with dynamic response that accentuates the natural nuances of the instrument.

True words, my Canadian friends.

To sum up: me and Elaine. Perfect love story. Roll the credits.

Na-ah, not so fast.

So everything had been running smoothly until last week when I experienced a problem with H.D.R.

Basically, when the fancy button placed next to the tone knob isn't pushed and the pickups are passive, everything's all right. But when I push the button and pickups become active, there is no sound. Silence. Just a quite hum of despair made by my little Peavey Bandit who's hungry for some delicious licks.

Maybe I'm not the brightest cookie in the jar but I've managed to change the 9V battery. All in vain it seems, although the local electronics shop's owner might have milked my titties and sold me shiet instead of a battery (dunno, hard to tell) so I'm gonna buy another one tomorrow.

If you shed a tear while reading this story - that's fine. Please help me solving this trouble.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
All the best
Peter Whopaldi
Last edited by PeterWhopaldi at Jul 31, 2016,
If it isn't the 9v, it could be the switch.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Why don't you try contacting Godin? They would know more about this than anyone...

Good luck
Quote by iamthehub
Why don't you try contacting Godin? They would know more about this than anyone...

Good luck

Can't help you with your guitar but I had a problem with an out of warranty and out of production acousticaster as the third or fourth owner and the guys at godin responded to all my emails relatively quickly and politely

Love Godin
Thanks everyone! I've written an email to Godin support and contacted some local folks who could help me with this shieet.

Please take this jar o' jam from my country as a reward for your kindness.

We Poles aren't the best guitar players, but one thing we do better than anyone else: making delicious strawberry jam.

Still, if anyone's got any idea or experienced something like that in the past, please let me know.
So Peter,

Any updates on your issues? I'm curious to see if it's the switch...
Hello,

I know that the whole UG community is dying to hear news about my Elaine.

So anyways, I wrote an email to a Godin man, mentioning that I had already tried changing the battery. He suggested... replacing the battery in response to my letter (although I don't blame him, my letter was so long, even I had a hard time reading that shiat again).

However, I've visited a local guitar magician and it seems it's not the guitar but a signal cable to blame. Some wibbly woobly fancy stuff, you know guys. I've just ordered a new cable online so... we'll see. :>

I feel like a fool now. How did I dare to question the quality of Godins? Now I have to go on a pilgrim to Canada in order to get redemption.

Once again, thanks for help darlings.

And buy Godins.

They're really good.
Quote by PeterWhopaldi
Hello,

...it's not the guitar but a signal cable to blame. Some wibbly woobly fancy stuff, you know guys. I've just ordered a new cable online so... we'll see. :>

When you say a signal cable, do you mean your regular 1/4 guitar cable (the one that goes from guitar to amp/pedalboard), or a cable inside the guitar?

thx
Regular 1/4 guitar cable.

For future generations of Godin owners: using your footswtich cable as a regular signal cable is not a good idea.

I hope that this exposition of my stupidity will prevent future generations from making the same mistake.

All the best,
Peter Whopaldi