Hi,
Today i was cleaning my guitar and i noticed a bit crack in the bridge. What can be the possible causes for it? Will the crack expand?
How to fix or take care of it?
Currently I can play my guitar normally. There is no problem of detune or anything else.
Hi Alfred. I've never done any work on a guitar bridge, but I found a link that discusses bridges and repairs. It stated that cracks in the bridge are the result of humidity issues (usually). It recommends replacing the bridge if cracks appear. I'm supposing that is because the crack weakens the integrity of the bridge. Hope this helps.

http://www.guitarrepairbench.com/acoustic-guitar-repairs/bridge-repair.html
Last edited by TobusRex at Jul 31, 2016,
Quote by Tony Done
I've fixed one of those by drilling a horizontal hole through the bridge between the 3rd and 4th strings to accommodate a pin made of bamboo skewer. It was durable and almost invisible. If you want to try it, I'll provide details.

Quit being mean to your guitars! You drill holes in 'em, then skewer them with bamboo under the fingernails. Brutal.
Quote by alfredpennyworth19
Hi,
Today i was cleaning my guitar and i noticed a bit crack in the bridge. What can be the possible causes for it? Will the crack expand?
How to fix or take care of it?
Currently I can play my guitar normally. There is no problem of detune or anything else. . . .

It's not uncommon. The bridge is weakened by drilling the pin holes and the wood can crack along the grian. The crack seldom widens.

You can fill the crack using standard wood filler. I keep a tube each of light and dark filler and mix to get a matching colour. Push in and immediatley remove a pin into each hole after filling to remove any filler that's yeached into the pin holes.
Last edited by Garthman at Aug 1, 2016,