Hi,

recently I got Sennheiser HD600. I got them mainly for listening to music. But I have wondered how would they sound like if I played my fender through them.

So I did, I pluged them into zoom r8 recorder (phones section)

And I played some Pink Floyd through them at low-medium level.

Now question,

Have I or could I have damaged my headphones this way? Since they were meant for listening to music not playing guitar.

Can distorsion effect damage these high quality headphones?

Thanks
I would say it's unlikely they're damaged, or could be damaged. I mean it's still just audio being played through them, it's still going through an audio interface/DAC which is making it into a correct 'sound'. I see this as being no different as plugging the headphones into the amp via headphone jack if there is one.

Sometimes the volume delivered to headphones via amp can be a bit loud though as you often need to push them to get to that sweet spot. Your ears are likely to give up before the headphones though
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991
I would say it's unlikely they're damaged, or could be damaged. I mean it's still just audio being played through them, it's still going through an audio interface/DAC which is making it into a correct 'sound'. I see this as being no different as plugging the headphones into the amp via headphone jack if there is one.

Sometimes the volume delivered to headphones via amp can be a bit loud though as you often need to push them to get to that sweet spot. Your ears are likely to give up before the headphones though

Thanks,

I played a bit of a Gilmour type tones from comfortably numb, until I got scared what could happen to the headphones and I turned them off. As for now I am listening to them and I don't feel like they degraded.

Can you explain how do damaged headphones sound?
I mean, if you can listen to the actual song Comfortably Numb through your computer, there's really no difference in playing that same song through the interface. That's what it's meant for. Plugging the headphones into the speaker output of an amp or whatever would blow them, but that's a totally different thing.

Blown headphones sound either really quiet, super distorted, or make no sound at all. It's very obvious, and you'd notice right away. Don't worry about it.
Quote by Roc8995
I mean, if you can listen to the actual song Comfortably Numb through your computer, there's really no difference in playing that same song through the interface. That's what it's meant for. Plugging the headphones into the speaker output of an amp or whatever would blow them, but that's a totally different thing.

Blown headphones sound either really quiet, super distorted, or make no sound at all. It's very obvious, and you'd notice right away. Don't worry about it.

Thanks bro,
one more question, can headphones be party damaged, like sound distorted at certain levels, or have any crackling noises? even though i haven't encountered any I'd like to know
Sounding distorted at certain levels is unlikely, except of course if you're just overloading them, which is pretty difficult to do. Crackling, sure, but that's usually the cable. Generally if you blow out a driver you're going to notice it right away.