Poll Options
View poll results: would u hold hands with this nerd
yes
12 86%
no
2 14%
Voters: 14.
Page 1 of 2
there's a nerd i'm thinkin about holding hands with. she's cute but she's a dork.
not lame, wouldn't shove into a locker, but
  • she says her favorite directors are the coen brothers but her favorite movie by them is o brother where art thou and she hasn't even seen anything pre-fargo.
  • she likes star trek, reads philip k. dick books for fun, and doesn't even listen to hardcore.
  • i asked her if she likes the smiths and she said yeah ofc but when i asked what her favorite song was she couldn't decide, but made it clear that it wasn't "still ill" which is obv the best one

if you were me would you?
i don't know why i feel so dry
If I were you, I'd be dating 15 year olds, so I don't like to think about it.

EDIT: Also, be sure to wear gloves when you hold hands to prevent the spread of cooties.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Last edited by chrismendiola at Aug 1, 2016,
chrismendiola why you gotta be me to do that?
Jackintehbox legitimately laughed at loud at this
How soon is now is the best smiths song
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
yes I would

my fave nerd thinks some TV/movies/books/music I like are lame and I think he's lame for thinking that but I still hold hands with him all the time ?
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Aug 1, 2016,
Quote by Eastwinn
]she says her favorite directors are the coen brothers

bail.

but her favorite movie by them is o brother where art thou and she hasn't even seen anything pre-fargo.
ok maybe she is alright (or maybe tryhard)

she likes star trek,
nice

reads philip k. dick books for fun,
if thats all then it's just a namecheck, so bail. if she has read some of his peers, then nice

and doesn't even listen to hardcore.
bail.

i asked her if she likes the smiths and she said yeah ofc
bail.

but when i asked what her favorite song was she couldn't decide, but made it clear that it wasn't "still ill" which is obv the best one
still bail

on tastes alone, nahhh. but she is prob cool despite her (possible bullshit) tastes since she can at least namedrop, and I could lead her into some cool shared tastes if she is even a little legit. and I mean if someone nice and pleasant likes you specifically mate, you should go for it, regardless of how tryhard they might initially lay their tastes

O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
If she's attractive, hold her hand

Maybe place your other hand over her mouth so she can't talk to you
I have nothing important to say
tell her you post on ultimate guitar dot com on the reg and let her bail
PM me for newts
dew it
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
cha33 armstrong you're a fuckin scrub
theguitarist if she thought she was gonna score points with me by namechecking a scifi novelist then she's way off. what do i look like, some sort of book-reading dork?
StewieSwan 90% sure if i told her that she wouldn't bail and that in itself warrants a bail
Last edited by Eastwinn at Aug 1, 2016,
Quote by Eastwinn
cha33 armstrong you're a fuckin scrub
theguitarist if she thought she was gonna score points with me by namechecking a scifi novelist then she's way off. what do i look like, some sort of book-reading dork?
StewieSwan 90% sure if i told her that she wouldn't bail and that in itself warrants a bail

idk why would she randomly namedrop well known sci fi unless she'd thought you'd relate

OR

maybe she is super into it and wanted to impress you but figured you are so non-nerd that it was best to namecheck well known stuff that you can relate to (and not freak you out about how weird she is) and is really into some obscure shit.

"oh you post on a internet forum? wow me too, it's so old school nerdy right? hahhhashahahahahahah."
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
idk why would she randomly namedrop well known sci fi unless she'd thought you'd relate

OR

maybe she is super into it and wanted to impress you but figured you are so non-nerd that it was best to namecheck well known stuff that you can relate to (and not freak you out about how weird she is) and is really into some obscure shit.

"oh you post on a internet forum? wow me too, it's so old school nerdy right? hahhhashahahahahahah."

alright for real the topic of reddit came up in a group conversation and we both dismissed reddit as mostly horseshit but found out that we browse the same philosophy & linguistics circlejerks. we discussed them for a while until i got sick at the thought of how similar this fuckin nerd is to me, so like what are the chances she's reading this right now thinking "wow that girl's such a fucking nerd, hard pass"
ok but what are her thoughts on davey von bohlen/the iberian peninsula?

also i know it's over cmon now that song is literally what it sounds like to watch your 7th grade sweetheart dance with your best friend as you sit on one of those crappy gym benches on the sideline beside stinky stewart who's too busy being alone and fiddling with the red string tied around the temples of his glasses to notice you've got a tear running down your cheek

I'm ashamed to live in the same state as OP.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Is she even in a wheelchair.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
depends how annoying/cute she is

if she's one of these i'm so nerdy xD types then no
Quote by ErikLensherr
Is she even in a wheelchair.

Give me her digits, and afterwards, her legs won't work like they used to before.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by MinterMan22
ok but what are her thoughts on davey von bohlen/the iberian peninsula?

also i know it's over cmon now that song is literally what it sounds like to watch your 7th grade sweetheart dance with your best friend as you sit on one of those crappy gym benches on the sideline beside stinky stewart who's too busy being alone and fiddling with the red string tied around the temples of his glasses to notice you've got a tear running down your cheek

we're exchanging mixtapes tomorrow and unfortunately mr von bohlen is nowhere to be found. the track list does of course include "still ill" tho which is seriously better than "i know it's over" come on DOES THE BODY RULE THE MIND OR DOES THE MIND RULE THE BODY idk. i guess if she decides she wants to exchanges mixtapes again (doubtful) then i'll hit her with "forget me" by the promise ring to really let her know how i feel.
Quote by Eastwinn
we're exchanging mixtapes tomorrow and unfortunately mr von bohlen is nowhere to be found. the track list does of course include "still ill" tho which is seriously better than "i know it's over" come on DOES THE BODY RULE THE MIND OR DOES THE MIND RULE THE BODY idk. i guess if she decides she wants to exchanges mixtapes again (doubtful) then i'll hit her with "forget me" by the promise ring to really let her know how i feel.

Hello post yr mixtape and hers to the mixtape exchange thread pls & ty
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by Eastwinn

damn making me feel like I'm 10 again trading cassettes made from the radio
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Watch Raising Arizona with her. If she likes it, she's worth it.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
If the nerd seems like a cool nerd I'd go for it. If the nerd had dirty hands though NO, Sorry!
Quote by Anonymous
My favorite sex position is called "WOW". That's where I flip your MOM over.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I would.
But not liking hardcore is a plus, maybe neutral at worst.

i wouldn't hold hands with this nerd
youre both wrong its stop me if you think youve heard this one before
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Aug 1, 2016,
Quote by Primus2112
youre both wrong its stop me if you think youve heard this one before

not even the best song on "Strangeways"
You're all wrong it's either This Charming Man or There is a Light That Never Goes Out.

But yeah, would probably hold hands with nerd. I have terrible standards though.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I don't know. You've defined her according to her artistic preferences, but you've not said anything about what she's actually like.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by RAB11
You're all wrong it's either This Charming Man or There is a Light That Never Goes Out.

But yeah, would probably hold hands with nerd. I have terrible standards though.

oooh

i might be wrong, i will never get tired of playing that intro

also just so i have one on topic post in this thread, would hold hands with this nerd

-reads philip k. dick
-likes coen bros movies
-likes the smiths
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Aug 2, 2016,
Quote by Eastwinn
If I were you, I'd have more self confidence to know who or what I like.
You made a thread about her so you've got to have some interest in her, so yah go for it.

Personally though, I'd like to shove all nerds in the lockers.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Eastwinn

Damn this is complex
My God, it's full of stars!
no

the smiths suck

this isn't 500 days of summer

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
If I were you I would because I wouldn't be so picky

How soon is now is the best Smiths song
Last edited by Rebel Scum at Aug 2, 2016,
She sounds like my kind of lady, so yes
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no

the smiths suck

this isn't 500 days of summer

I would hold hands with Zooey Deschanchel tho

And Joseph Gordon Levitt tbf
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Page 1 of 2