i would not go for either of those if i was planning on getting heard over a drummer.

my 200 watt genz-benz 2x10"+tweeter is barely enough for an indoor gig if it isn't going through the PA.

i would look at something a little bigger.

also, look used.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Get a used portaplex 350.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Of the two I'd choose the Ampeg.

For rock, punk or metal practicing you may need to put in on a chair pointing up to your ear - actually many such bands practice too loud and make themselves deaf before they are 25. Another solution would be to put the drummer in the next room.

If you have to do this for any other sort of music, sack the drummer and get a quieter one.
That Pignose will barely get you over an electric guitarist. Realistically, its a decent portable practice amp. And for what its worth, so is the Ampeg. You are going to need something with at least 200W as trashedlostfdup has stated. 30-40W will not get you heard over anything but the quietest of drummers. That will only happen if you replace their drumsticks with brushes. :p
There is a Genz Benz NeoX 400 112t in Arlington Tx for sale for about $450

That will shock a drummer and a guitarist with a Halfstack
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
Having been playing Bass for a very long time and also using a 5 string these days I've played most bass amps so I was a little bit doubtful regarding the 1x15 Markbass combo, I'd used one on a session and was quite impressed so I borrowed one for a rehearsal, the whole band was blown away so I bought one, it cost £700 British pounds but it was worth every penny, I've never struggled for power and can't imagine needing anything else other than maybe an extra cab in extreme situations.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Not hard to believe John.

300Watts is all of what an SVT can offer, and the addition of an external cab to a sole 15 running about 300 then bumping things up to the 400 tange is quite effective.

I used a 1 12 combo with a 1 12 ext to lay out a guitarist running 24 12;s with 2 100 Watt s/s amps.

I had been quite confident with that level of set up,,, until playing an outside festival which had everything for us, except a bass input into the system.

I did it with 4 12''s and 1200 watts.

I heard it was quite effective..

This is just enforcing your point that a reasonably powered combo is quite effective for most gigs. The only problem is that the amp is being vibrated by the speaker. It does cause problems to the amp after a few years.
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Morely A/B
Understand with your point on vibration, I've been using self built powered cabs for sometime, the power amp chassis I get from BK electronics and the speakers are the superb Eminence 450 watt 15" Neos, in the right enclosure these speaker are amazing but you must put them in a properly designed enclosure.
I remember back in the 70s when I had an Orange 120 watt amp sat on top of an HH 2x15 cab I always placed a piece of rubber foam for the amp to sit on as it seemed back then that you only had to think of dropping the amp and a valve/tube would stop working.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
that's bs, you don't need more than 80 watts if you play slap or with a pick, its only the fingers that are the problem
I'm a dirty fuckin' punk / i sell myself for a beer
Quote by Strobber
that's bs, you don't need more than 80 watts if you play slap or with a pick, its only the fingers that are the problem

Not the most polite of replies for sure.
Back in the day (1964) the highest power handling speaker in the UK was a Goodmans 50 watt 18" Audiom 90 and you were always told that your speaker wattage should be twice that of the amp output.
Today speaker development has come a long way but one thing that hasn't changed is that speakers do not like clipped signals and that is why you can now run an amplifier that is well over rating of the speaker/s thus ensuring that receive a clean signal.
Running an 80 watt in the kind of live performing situation that I regularly gig over a long set can and will cause it to run hot resulting in clipping at the output stage, we rarely use 'Front of house' due to the time it takes to set up and take down.
High wattage amplifiers are for a reason and not for show, what counts most is the efficiency of the speakers at the required frequencies. So it isn't BS just facts. Another speaker improvement is the reduced thermal compression that they suffer these days.
It has always been accepted that a plectrum/pick signal attacks the speaker far more than signals from thumb or fingers.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Last edited by John Swift at Aug 28, 2016,
Yep John, we two are old school.

Do not go on TalkBass with any of that, they will ban you. I have been banned for Life 3 times now after sneaking back in.

The Wattage to handling power was what did me in, in that you want at least as much power as speaker, otherwise you can clip the coils.

I still have not blown a speaker.
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Morely A/B