I recently purchased a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

It worked for about 2 weeks, then it started to make a lot of buzzing noise.
I unplugged the guitar and just listened to the amp, and it had a hum and would make crack and pop noise.
I used it for 2 band practices and a few practices at home.

I took that amp back to guitar center and they sent me a new one,

Now this new one is already having problems. Ive turned on maybe 5 times and took it to one band practice.
Again, this one is humming but it is different this time. Instead of the cracking and popping, it is just a constant hum,
without anything plugged in and volume down to zero.
The hum becomes louder as the volume is increased, especially on the drive channel.

I really don't think I pushing these amps that much (volume at half, with a overdrive and distortion pedal).
It seems unlikely that two amps would have this problems in such a short time.
I don't know what Im doing to these amps to cause this.

Could anyone offer some insight?

Thank You
i would just send it back and get another one.

or maybe you would like a peavey classic 50? i liked that more than the HRD, but they are a little different, same general area.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Especially if you are on the drive channel, you are going to get more and more noise as you turn up the volume. Even if you have the master volume all the way off, some noise can get through the amp and out to the speakers. Or if you have the master up but the channel volume down, you will definitely encounter some noise. Try plugging in a guitar with humbuckers or use a noise-canceling pickup position (on a Strat-style, positions 2 and 4).

Are you leaving your phone on top your amp or in your pocket, close to the guitar? Those devices emit a silly amount of EMI, which will make hum, buzz, and crackling get into the signal. Put the phone up to your pickups, you can hear it. If you get a text, you can hear some funny sounds. Also this is why I said to try a humbucker-equipped guitar or use noise-cancelling positions. Overhead lights and wall dimmers can easily put noise in the signal. Also if your house's wall power is wired bad/incorrectly, it can make any amp sound bad. Try the amp at another/multiple houses or locations if you have not already.

Are you also letting the amp warm up properly? You turn on the main power switch with the standby switch ON (no sound will come out through the amp) so that the tubes can warm up, for about a minute. Then you turn the standby OFF so that sound will come through the amp. If you have been turning both on or leaving the standby switch off, then the tubes could be stressed with high voltages before heating up properly.

Another bit: are you using proper shielded instrument cable for your guitar to amp cable runs? Or maybe you accidentally are using non-shielded speaker cable? Again, EMI gets through non-shielded cable very easily.
Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 2, 2016,