Hey guys, just wanted to ask for advice on what to ask and of whom when at a convention like this, I'll be going for the first time. Also wanted to know if anybody else was going to the event this Saturday.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Lol what do you mean what to ask? What to ask about what?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I mean what specifically to ask about gear, so instead of getting a lecture on how their product is superior that I can find in its website description anyway I get honest answers about the tone it produces. My main concern is that Sherlock Amps is going to be there with the FatHead, so I want to know how to talk to Mr Sherlock to not sound dumb and/or get his honest opinion on his product.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply I fell asleep a couple of minutes after I posted this thread.

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by chrismendiola
Ask questions to which you want to know the answers.

Basically.

There isnt something magical you can say that makes you appear more in the know. Youre either interested in the product and have questions about it or you dont.

You arent going to get completely honest answers from somebody selling you their product. Try them out and decide if its good. The gear sells the sound not the sales pitch.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah, fair enough. The idea wasn't to appear to be in the know, but rather not be the 50th person to ask the same question. I mean I have heard Michael Ibrahim criticise his amps before, but I guess that's an exception.

Quote by Offworld92