Howdy people.

I want to get better at music theory, and I've always had a natural urge and love for rhythm. Is bass the right instrument choice for me?
Do you want to play in a band?

This is probably the crucial question. Whilst there are plenty of bedroom players and You Tube junkies out there bass makes most sense when you are working with other musicians. On the plus side there are more people looking for bassists than there are musicians to fill that role so there are more opportunities than for many other instruments. It's probably the quickest way into playing live.

I've always loved the sound of bass, always responded to the rhythms in songs and love the interplay between bass drums, and the rest of the instruments. If that's you then go for it.
Quote by moberlyk
Howdy people.

I want to get better at music theory, and I've always had a natural urge and love for rhythm. Is bass the right instrument choice for me?

Any instrument you can learn theory on. My teacher says it's clearest on piano but again you can learn on anything. Just depends on what you prefer.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Quote by kabadi.man
you probably know the answer to that already and are just after some confirmation from people here.
If your gut says do it, then go for it

You're right I know I already want to learn :P thanks for the kick

Quote by Phil Starr
Do you want to play in a band?

I've always loved the sound of bass, always responded to the rhythms in songs and love the interplay between bass drums, and the rest of the instruments. If that's you then go for it.

Yeah I've been in a fair few bands before playing ukulele and I've loved them all, but want more of a direct control over the direction and groove of the music. Sounds like bass is definitely a good choice for me!
Exciting stuff
moberlyk

Forgot to say, with Bass you are following the bass clef where most other music follows the treble clef and in piano it's pretty much both.

If you really want to learn theory, just go keyboard/piano.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1