Don't know if this belongs here but here is my question, can I have a guitar setup for say D standard and have the intonation be close to correct if i wanted to go to a different tuning relatively close to D standard. I have a guitar set up for e standard but plays D standard fine at least to my ears. I play mostly D standard but do play other tunings relatively close to D. Wil there be a huge difference in sound or is it marginal. Any insight would be appreciated thanks to all who answer.
It'll be passable. Not perfect, but you should be able to live with it as long as you aren't recording or anything.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
K33nbl4d3K33nbl4d3Thanks for the fast reply! That's good to hear i was sort of assuming it would be just fine but its always good to hear from a fellow guitar player (who probably has more experience then me)
I wouldn't expect the difference in intonation to be a major problem if you aren't straying to far from your "normal" tuning, but it will depend to a large extent on what you are playing. Highly distorted, compressed sounds and chords with wide intervals will yield more problems than leads played clean, for example.
Quote by dosamwolfso
I have a guitar set up for e standard but plays D standard fine at least to my ears.

Have you checked with a tuner?
I guess the question is why would you be satisfied with disintonation?
What is preventing you from adjusting the intonation yourself?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What is preventing you from adjusting the intonation yourself?
I assume the issue is with changing tunings frequently, in which scenario adjusting intonation every time would be something of a chore.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by dthmtl3
Have you checked with a tuner?
I guess the question is why would you be satisfied with disintonation?

that is what i would do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/