I'm not an expert on guitar wiring and tech-y stuff like that. I just wanted to know if taking a knob from a les paul (Epiphone) and replacing it with a switch is possible? If so, how? Thanks, and sorry if this is a stupid question.
It's entirely possible, but I'm fairly sure the hole diameters required aren't the same, so you'd either have to drill out the hole wider or shim it. Also, don't you already have a pickup selector?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Yes this is possible. as K33nbl4d3 already mentioned the hole diameter will be off so you'll need to drill the hole slightly larger; also you'll need basic understanding of soldering; schematics are freely available on the internet (example: http://www.seymourduncan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2H_3G_2V_1T.pdf note that your wire colors may be different depending on brand of pickups). You can of course also bring your guitar to your local guitar shop and have them do it for a fee.
K33nbl4d3 Yeah, but I found it kinda easier to have it at the volume knobs instead of up by the neck. And for it to look like Bucketheads LP
are you referring to a kill switch?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
crownegamers
That's fair enough - obviously you have to decide which knob you don't want anymore and possibly rewire another one as a master to make up for it, but besides that you can totally just expand one of the pots' holes, stick the switch in it and wire it in the same way in its new position. The other thing to consider would be that, if you replace a volume knob, for example, then the master volume knob will now have to come after the switch in the path to the output jack, rather than the two knobs coming before it as it would've been originally, and the tone pots will need to be connected to the pickup hot wires instead of the volume pot lugs. Likewise, as the Seymour Duncan diagram linked above shows, if you replace a tone pot the remaining one needs to come between the switch and the output jack, rather than connecting to a volume pot.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one