Yes, all the time
12 29%
Only when I have stuff stuck in my teeth
12 29%
No, almost never
18 43%
Voters: 42.
Page 1 of 2
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/official-flossing-your-teeth-is-a-waste-of-time-a3310521.html

The British Dental Association has said there is little point in flossing, despite it being widely recommended by dentists around the country.

Scientific advisor to the British Dental Association, Professor Damien Walmsey, has stated the health benefits associated with flossing had not been proven.

The Birmingham University professor’s analysis comes after the US government stopped recommending flossing because there was no scientific evidence of the benefits.

inb4 brits have bad teeth jokes

BONUS QUESTION: Do you mouthwash?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Aug 3, 2016,
Flossing is fun so I do it all the time
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Plus I mean if you're doing it right you're getting sugar and plaque and food out of your teeth before you go to bed which surely can't be a bad thing
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
not really. I keep some handy if something gets stuck in my teeth though as they can reach spots that toothpicks can't

edit: also I only usually brush my teeth in the mornings because I hate going to bed with some fresh mouth. I always rinse my mouth out then drink a glass or two of water before bed though. sometimes have a splash of whisky as a nightcap too which prob sterilises my mouth anyway.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by bradulator
Plus I mean if you're doing it right you're getting sugar and plaque and food out of your teeth before you go to bed which surely can't be a bad thing

Should just be doing that with a good brush tho surely?

I only floss when I get a cheeky bit of food stuck in my teeth, like a bit of apple peel or something

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
yes ofc
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Nah just prescribed toothpaste
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Yeah duh. Even if you don't think you have any food stuck between your teeth, you probably do, and brushing alone won't get it out.

It seems like there were issues with the methodology of the studies but that doesn't automatically mean that flossing is pointless.

I don't use mouthwash daily since it disrupts the balance of microbes in your mouth. I usually use it when my mouth feels gross in the middle of the day but I can't brush my teeth like when I wake up from a nap or something.
cat
God no I hate the sensation.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I floss after I brush most of the time
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't usually. Like many I do when I have big pieces of food stuck between teeth.

It's just too inconvenient. I never manage to get a good grip of the floss, I spend lots of time to get it correctly to clean some of my backrow teeth, and I get marks on my fingers (mainly because I hold the floss too tightly). That's enough to make me do it every once in a while and rely only on brushing
i've never had any cavities or anything in my whole life

and i barely ever floss
only thing my dentists ever complained about was a little plaque build up, but that happens to people who also floss regularly

i only floss when i need to, and it hasn't caught up to me yet...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by gonzaw
I don't usually. Like many I do when I have big pieces of food stuck between teeth.

It's just too inconvenient. I never manage to get a good grip of the floss, I spend lots of time to get it correctly to clean some of my backrow teeth, and I get marks on my fingers (mainly because I hold the floss too tightly). That's enough to make me do it every once in a while and rely only on brushing

Invest in some floss picks.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
every once in a while.

actually gonna start doing it more often for now because weeeeeee no health insurance at the moment!

expecting the cap on my one front tooth to break off any day now and i cant afford the 2 grand itd probably cost out of pocket to get it put back on.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
floss is boss
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I always floss in my cheeks
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
if i did floss which i dont, i'd use the phillips air floss thing
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
The dentist told me to start flossing whenever I last went but I never do

I use mouthwash sometimes
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Banjocal
I always floss in my cheeks

if yer butt ain't flossed, you ain't gettin' tossed.

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
thanks to floss picks i do. if i was wrapping string around my fingers it wouldn't happen

I only mouthwash if I'm going somewhere i'm gonna be up in faces
Last edited by mattedbird at Aug 3, 2016,
whenever I get food stuck in my teeth, which is literally whenever I eat, thanks to receding gums, so I voted all the time. I was just flossing like ten minutes ago.

I use mouthwash sometimes.
Sometimes. I just randomly floss my teeth before bed. There's no real pattern or reason as to why I floss some nights and not others.
Nah

Brush twice a day, unless I forget to in the morning
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by mattedbird
thanks to floss picks i do. if i was wrapping string around my fingers it wouldn't happen

I only mouthwash if I'm going somewhere i'm gonna be up in faces

I read this as "up in feces" BOO YA
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
I read this as "up in feces" BOO YA
you wanna be considerate for the kiss afterward too
Quote by ErikLensherr
Invest in some floss picks.

Dunno, stuff like that either just doesn't exist over here or it's a pain in the ass to get.
I already tried to find if I could get some electric toothbrush before but they don't exist over here (or there are very few low-quality ones)
Quote by gonzaw
Dunno, stuff like that either just doesn't exist over here or it's a pain in the ass to get.
I already tried to find if I could get some electric toothbrush before but they don't exist over here (or there are very few low-quality ones)
ill cut you a deal.

you can buy them from me at 200% MSRP.

excluding shipping.

no price is too high for healthy teeth right?
Floss picks are good for pickin' a big chunk of food out of your teeth really quick, but nothing beats a good ol' fashioned flossing; plus with regular dental floss you do not have to worry about filling landfills with little plastic thingies that will never break down -- you got to think about the big picture, man.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ill cut you a deal.

you can buy them from me at 200% MSRP.

excluding shipping.

no price is too high for healthy teeth right?

this is the US health system

Looks like Big Floss is just doing it to get money from the sheeple.

sunaj
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I use the waterpik water flossing machine. Thing is legit. You just fill up the tank with water and you can floss yr whole mouth in like 1 minute
TheChaz
I've been thinking about getting one of those for a while. If I had one I'm guessing I would floss every time, or at least a lot more than I do now.

How does it do with chunks of food really stuck between like the back teeth?
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Aug 4, 2016,
dumbest teeth thing i once did:

sanded down the sharp edge on one of my teeth with sandpaper.

a cap on one of my front teeth had come loose, so one of the neighboring teeth had been turning my tongue into hamburger meat.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
dumbest teeth thing i once did:

sanded down the sharp edge on one of my teeth with sandpaper.

a cap on one of my front teeth had come loose, so one of the neighboring teeth had been turning my tongue into hamburger meat.

i once had a sharp edge on one of my teeth and the dentist filed it down in like 30 seconds for free. suck on that, europeans.
Page 1 of 2