hi ive been playing for 6 months and have been thinking of picking up a new guitar. I currently have a ibanez grx70qa i play mainly metal and some reggae,alternative,and classic rock. My ibanez doesnt have the clean and aggressive tones im looking for and its not the best in drop tunings as far as tone and staying in low tuning i.e. a#. Ive been stuck in between the schecter hellraiser c-1 and the prs se mark holocomb edition and cant see any of the guitars in person because i live 80 miles from the closest guitar store. So overall if anyone can help put me in the right direction it will be appreciated. they are both 900.
Last edited by kdonoghue at Aug 3, 2016,
PRS SE Mark Holcomb.

I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
I've held a hellraiser before, I was really underwhelmed by how it felt, every schecter has been very disappointing, sad because they look awesome.

PRS guitars however feel heavenly, even on the lower end.
Holocomb sounds too close to Holocaust.

But PRS is

I have an Ibanez GRX I think and imo if you're looking for something better than that, then you should get an Ibanez Gio. Only like $200-300. Frets are a little larger though.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Aug 4, 2016,
stratkat ive played the c7 which was different but it felt good and ive heard good things about the prs se just havent held one.
Random3 the holcomb isnt out til october but its a very clean guitar with specs that i like im considering the hell raiser causer people have told me theyre amazing for metal.