hi ive been playing for 6 months and have been thinking of picking up a new guitar. I currently have a ibanez grx70qa i play mainly metal and some reggae,alternative,and classic rock. My ibanez doesnt have the clean and aggressive tones im looking for and its not the best in drop tunings as far as tone and staying in low tuning i.e. a#. Ive been stuck in between the schecter hellraiser c-1 and the prs se mark holocomb edition and cant see any of the guitars in person because i live 80 miles from the closest guitar store. So overall if anyone can help put me in the right direction it will be appreciated. they are both 900.
The Schecter Hellraiser C-1 is an outstandig guitar both look and sound-wise.
But do you really want to buy a $900 guitar after 6 months?
Without playing her before?
Depending on your amp and playingability, you may not even notice enough difference to justify that price.
Which amp do you have and have you already played other guitars with your amp?
Last edited by juvion at Aug 3, 2016,
well i got some extra money and i plan on playing for a long time i love it but i have used a dean acoustic electric on it and a hellraiser c7 on my amp its a spider 6 15w the c7 was noticeably better as far as notes and playing but im not ready for the 7 string.
so you have an RG, and a C7 now? or am i misunderstanding?

you are going to get better results as far as tone sounds with a new amp.

budget: $900
genre? (specific bands?)
location?
willing to buy used?

... etc.

i would go for a new guitar however, if you have the 7 string already and are looking for a nice sixer.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup no ive played an rg and c7 on my amp i currently have a ibanez grx70qa i play mainly metal, bands(erra,invent animate,after the burial,etc) im located an ct and am open to buying used. what would you reccomend for an amp under 500.
Quote by kdonoghue
trashedlostfdup no ive played an rg and c7 on my amp i currently have a ibanez grx70qa i play mainly metal, bands(erra,invent animate,after the burial,etc) im located an ct and am open to buying used. what would you reccomend for an amp under 500.

one of the more common metal amps is the peavey 6505+. you can find the 1x12" 6505+ combos used for $400 or so. they are bullet proof and well priced. IMO probably one of the better amps you can get in your price range.

as far as guitars go what appeals to you?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup thanks ill look into it and some of my favorites that ive played have been ibanez, dean, and the schecter c7 and i won a contest for 1000 dollars at work that is strictly guitar money cause i plan on playing for the rest of my life honestly.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
one of the more common metal amps is the peavey 6505+. you can find the 1x12" 6505+ combos used for $400 or so. they are bullet proof and well priced. IMO probably one of the better amps you can get in your price range.

as far as guitars go what appeals to you?

I'd agree here. For $1000 a used 6505+ 112 for around $400 leaves about $600 for a guitar. For that much cash I'd look at a Jackson Dinky or Soloist (I don't know PRS or Schecter that well). Much better bang for your buck if you go used. A higher end Ibanez RG would be a good choice too. Don't forget about the volume and tone knobs on the guitar for the lighter styles of music.

The Green Channel with and without the Crunch engaged is actually decently versatile (especially with some tube changes down the road) considering you get the fire breathing Red Channel and it's only $400. . .

Going used saves $ for lessons which I highly recommend!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .