Hey all
I've been looking at buying an Avid Eleven Rack for some time now but I'm unsure whether or not it's worth it.
Essentially I want to use it for the amp and cab sims and effects and run into a guitar cab. So it'd be my whole rig (ofcourse I'd have to get a power amp too).

I've been reading and researching a lot and there's a lot of conflicting views on it.

The one I'm looking at in question is R3500 (about $260 USD) and has the expansion pack. No pro tools.

Would it be worth it? Or should I save a bit more and invest in something else?

From what I've read, the HD500X is also a superb unit.
I'm not buying to do any recording. Just to use as an amp and cab setup and to experiment with different tones and patches
Last edited by mielieHobo at Aug 4, 2016,
Cathbard

You so have me GASing for an Amplifire!!!!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I'm pretty happy with mine. The Fender tones lack that bell like quality of a Fender would be my only problem with it. But I'm not really a Fender man so it doesn't really matter to me. The SLO tone is good and that's what I tend to use most.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cathbard
I watched the Chappers video (I know) but does it really feel like you're playing an amp? When I get to play my Mesa Roadster I love that feel and interaction.

TS - sorry to derail!

Cath - you should start an ask me about my Amplifire thread!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Yeah, it does. They've got the dynamics pretty well nailed. Which as you know was always my problem with modellers.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've been reading about this unit a lot today. Reviews all over say it's rather excellent. Problem is I'm having trouble sourcing one locally and within my budget (no one seems to have one here).
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah, it does. They've got the dynamics pretty well nailed. Which as you know was always my problem with modellers.

I think you should take your own modeler challenge and post the results.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Arby911 OK
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
For that price point I think the Eleven Rack is a good piece of gear to get you into the modeling game, if you decide to go with another unit later you can still use the power amp and speaker(s) with other modellers.

I found the 11Rack to have good sounding sims and have a lot of flexibility in terms of signal chain, cab and mic sims, and output options. My biggest gripe with it was not having a foot switch, you can get one but I don't have it, it would be useful for turning effects on and off on presents - you can still do it from the unit but not as convenient when playing. Something like the HD500X can run in foot switch mode which allows you to assign effects to the switches which is more practical for live playing.

Also with the expansion pack installed you can use the free stand alone editor to modify presets - no need for Pro Tools.