I don't know why, but in the gut of my stomach I feel like taking guitar class at school will make me not love it anymore. I feel like once I HAVE to do something I start to dislike it. It might be my anxiety but I am honestly afraid to take this class, even though it's one of my easiest. Do you guys have any advice or experience?
Why do you have to do it for starters?

Are you parents saying this?
What are their motives if that the case?

Example: We bought you a guitar, so therefore you must learn it?
I agree there is a risk. I got turned off musical instruments for years by taking piano lessons with a lousy teacher. OTOH, I think that if you can find a teacher that suits you, it can be a great benefit. - My mate had a good piano teacher, and went on to be a successful part-time keyboard pro, working on cruise ships and the like. Maybe the teacher at your school is the one for you, you wan't know if you don't try it.
It could happen. Or you could end up loving it even more.

If you can audit the class before committing to it, that might be best.

There are always going to be rough patches while learning. When it happens, you can either stay complacent and not change anything... or you could work through the struggles, knowing that there will be a breakthrough with enough effort and attention to detail.
It should be fairly enjoyable if you already like playing the guitar. Good luck with!
Oh poor wittle baby. Does OP want his ba-ba too?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Take it. There might be times when you don't want to practice or learn whatever they're trying to teach you, but do it anyway and you will be better at playing the things you like when you finish the class.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Take it. There might be times when you don't want to practice or learn whatever they're trying to teach you, but do it anyway and you will be better at playing the things you like when you finish the class.

this. learn to play at this level ---------

so you can play at that level if you want

or you can play really easily at this level ---------
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

I think most of us agree.
Just play your scales and arpeggios all day long for 10 hours straight and only disturb the routine to have a bong.
Do it, I feel like if I'd taken lessons when I was starting I wouldn't have struggled so hard to clean up some of my sloppy techniques years later.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Do it, I feel like if I'd taken lessons when I was starting I wouldn't have struggled so hard to clean up some of my sloppy techniques years later.

This ^^^^ Do it, its worth it. Do some homework and find a teacher who is interested in similar music as you are.
It'll all come in handy when you want to play for yourself, won't it? Never give up an opportunity to learn more about your instrument.