Hi. I have a Greg Bennett Avion 7 and I'd like to get some new pickups for it.

I've had it for a while with the stock 'SD design' pups but after recently acquiring two amps, a '68 DDRI and a Marshall Haze, it sounds fairly uninspiring (muddy/lacking clarity) through both. I mainly play classic/hard rock etc and I'd like something that cuts through a bit better and with much better clarity.

I'd like to replace both neck and bridge so suggestions for both would be most welcome. Not too fussed on particular brands and budget would be max $400 au.

Thanks.
6 or 7 string guitar? (Don't know that model.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 5, 2016,
Excellent thanks. Some interesting choices there. Do you have any of the suggested pups installed on any of your guitars dannyalcatraz?
Golden Age pickups were a standard option for a luthier I bought several guitars from, along with DiMarzios and Seynour Duncans, and happened to be in one of the guitars I bought. I haven't changed them out, either.

I bought a prototype guitar from that same luthier, and the original pickups died. I replaced them with the singlecoil size version of the Lace Alumitones.

I have a Tesla VR-Extreme HB and the original singlecoil version of the OPUS pickups in a custom HSS guitar.

Railhammer is the sister company of Reverend guitars, and several of their models use them. I recently bought a Sensei, which has Railhammer Chisel HBs as its standard pickups. The Chisel is the medium-high output HB in the Railhammer line, the HyperVintage is more traditionally voiced.

Good stuff. I notice that Reverend guitars have a local dealer in Perth. Might have to go in for a listen. Thanks for the suggestions.

I just got an awesome set of "Fokin" pickup's from Russia on ebay as replacements for the stock pickups in my semi hollow..very well made & sound really awesome...could'nt be happier. They ship worldwide with free shipping & prices don't break the bank.

Demo I just did of the "Hot Breeze" bridge pickup...

There are a bunch of other Fokin demo's (different models & stuff) on Youtube..

Not affiliated with them in any way...just a head's up for some excellent PU's
Last edited by GodOfEmptyness at Aug 17, 2016,
Check these guys out. They come with an extra set of easily swappable magnets. Very well made boutique pups.

http://www.vintagevibeguitars.com/pickups.html
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100