Hey, guys!
I need a micro amp, basically for practice at home.
It would be great if it has a line in plug, so i can play along with some backing track or song (the blackstar fly 3 have it, am i right?)
Also, i NEED to use headphones (but i think every micro Amp has this feature)
And i would like to practice in the stand position, so i need something small, simple and functional (maybe the vox amplug would be the best choice for that, but are those amps good?)

I'm in love with the marshall ms-4, but it doesn't have the line in function, right? Same things for the orange micro crush

The vox amplug maybe are the best solution in terms of dimension (i think i could even carry it in my pocket!) but do they sounds good and have the line in?

The blackstar fly 3, maybe the best sounding micro Amp, with line in, phones, and the white version with the Union jack is sexy!

Which one should i buy? And do you own one of those?
Hmm, $60 budget and you already have some headphones?

Look into Peavey ReValver for the computer and a Guitar to USB cable.

You can buy whatever modules you want in ReValver and they have packs. Or just deal with a demo tone for free.

You can literally get started for the $20 cable cost.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I jused to have a Marshall MS-2 - horrible, crappy little toy thing. Don't go there! ;-)
One thing you can do is get a real amp, like a Peavey Vypyr VIP1 or a Fender Mustang 1 and buy some long cables for your guitar and headphones. I used to do that when I got tired of the Amplug. I used to practice standing and walking a lot. The Amplug is alright, kinda expensive for what it does. Another option is the Line 6 Pocket Pod which is basically a modelling device without a speaker, it has tons of presets and you can create your own. But again, it costs as much as the VIP1. Or you can get a multifx pedal like the Digitech RP360 if you want something even more customizable and powerful.
Last edited by dthmtl3 at Aug 5, 2016,
The vox vx1 sounds pretty good. Its only a little cheaper than a vip1 though. Those are dirt cheap. The peavey 6505 piranha is supposed to have those features too, just like the orange micro terror.
Last edited by geo-rage at Aug 9, 2016,
I just picked up a Yamaha thr10x and I highly recommend it, it sounds fantastic and can o much louder than it looks. It has all the basic effects you could want. Andertons has a good YouTube video of it and there is one with Satchel from steel panther as well.

It has line in, and even a deeper editing feature you can run from your computer and you can record direct to your computer as well.

Give one a shot
Quote by AllanAnd
I jused to have a Marshall MS-2 - horrible, crappy little toy thing. Don't go there! ;-)
have you ever taken the speaker out and hooked the leads to a good speaker? They sound 100 percent better.
Quote by geo-rage
have you ever taken the speaker out and hooked the leads to a good speaker? They sound 100 percent better.

Didn't get to try that, no... Unfortunately it disappointed me in such a way that I ended up trowing it in the thrash...

Guess I should have tried hooking it up...
Aw too bad. It probably deserved it, but those things are useful as preamps and general misusery. It really is the speaker that makes them suck. That yamaha looks totally fun. Too bad it is so expensive. The reviews indicate that some of them break down as well.
Last edited by geo-rage at Aug 10, 2016,