I cannot, cannot, find a diagram of an Ovation Piazzo pick-up anywhere. I've tried until my Google finger broke. Even the Ovation manual doesn't have it.

Model: Ovation Celebrity CC-024

Here's the pieces:

Inside the bridge, there is the saddle. Remove the saddle and there is a perforated rubber strip with six rectangular piazos. That strip rests in a metal casing that is soldered to a wire that leads inside the body to the electronics (which seem to be working fine).

My question is . . . above the surface, based on that probably inadequate amount of information and no photo, is there some piece missing? Something like a foil strip or something that I simply do not know?

There are no loose wires (that I can feel) on the inside.

Plugged in (to a Fender amp) the volume/gain slider on the Ovation works. At "0" the amp is silent, at "10" you hear the amp hiss.
“High fly ball into right field. She is… gone!" - Vin Scully
Last edited by Standard_A440 at Aug 5, 2016,
The wire coming off the pup will be a coaxial one. So two conductors.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The wire coming off the pup will be a coaxial one. So two conductors.

Thanks for the response!

The lone wire is soldered to the steel case that holds the piezo strip. It is located at the far edge of the steel casing (on the left, if you are facing the guitar). I apologize but I still don't understand what's missing. There *is* a small hole right around the center of the slot that holds the saddle but I don't see any evidence there was a wire coming through it that would have been soldered to the steel case.

Simply put . . . are the "two conductors" a piece that the unit is missing? A thin metal strip or something similar?
Look at where it connects to the circuit board. You should see a shield connected to the earth side and a centre conductor connected to the input.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Tony Done
Yes, it's a coaxial cable, but the piezos need a contact at top and bottom, so where is the top connection if the crystals themselves are exposed?

Thank you! That makes perfect sense.

I suspected there was a missing piece. (I can be a bit daft at times). Now I know where to look. Thank you so much for responding. Very much appreciated.

Side note: this is my first time putting serious play into an Ovation. Oh, my . . . they are quite a different animal, eh?