Pure Joined In Darkness worship with its own taste, style and execution. Sulfurous Prayers was one of, if not my favorite, demos of 2011. Hellish whispered incantation and wicked rhythms fuel the miasmic litanies. The Consecrated By Sacrifice chorus is regularly uttered in a foul manner in my shower. This is an absurdly dark and suffocating experience that demands Metal faggotry with candles and incense if you would do so. Rites of the Ruminant Dead has these wonderfully tongue whispered chants and Consecrated By Sacrifice, All of the Devil's Temple etc have tastefully done atmospheric backgrounds that sound befitting of catacombs.

Sounds like it's album art.
Skull worship.
Enjoy to torch light.

New album preview... finally... a curse for all the eons; Utter the Tongue of the Dead

https://voidmeditationcult.bandcamp.com/album/utter-the-tongue-of-the-dead

Sounds promising!
This shit sounds so deliciously evil.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Aug 5, 2016,
They tightened the production a bit, otherwise they've kept their condemning riffs, and whispers to the dark. Incredible band, still! I think of band's materials like Lantern, that just changed their sound too far and they sound incredibly boring,

but VMC? Absolutely not. Love what these guys are doing. I have a shirt that I bought when I was still a medium. It's too tight, but the imagery associated with this band perfectly represents their image.

EDIT: Yup! Completely agree about the album art comment. True to the image.
Last edited by severed-metal at Aug 7, 2016,
Anticipating the hell out of this. Been quite a few years since the demo. Hard to pick favorite tracks but Ruminant the Dead and Consecrated by Sacrifice have so much going for them if I was forced to pick. When Consecrated goes over that massive hill of a brief momentum pause? Ugh!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
All of the Devil's Temple for me. It was the first track I heard, it's massive to this day. On a level unparalleled beneath the earth, shifting its axis with demonic force. It's crazy. This song embodies VMC to me.

I think a re-listening to Sulforous Prayers is in order. This name brings back such joyous nostalgia for me.