The year is 85/86. A few years before saw the release of the legendary god king, Show No Mercy. Who cares what Slayer did after that but anyways...

The years is 85/86. We are high off of black fumes of Bathory and Venom, but anyways...

The year is 85/86. We want to reach a Pace Till Death! We want to go deeper than anything before and the world of Metal is delivering. We have three kings to choose who to swear our allegiance to. I want to see who you will choose to die for and why. This battle has raged longer than some of you have been around. I know where I stand...

Our competitors...

Sodom - Obsessed By Cruelty
Reckless, sadistic evil!

Kreator - Endless Pain
Barbaric slabs of meat cleaving fury!

Destruction - Infernal Overkill
Hellish, caustic destruction!

All three dropped like atomic bombs on our eager slut ears in a time when we were all too willing to receive its Metallic phallus seeds of destruction. They were hated by the mainstream magazines unanimously, a sign of the True Torch! All three are winners, all three have stood the test of time as godfathers of our perverse loves and wants. These were great years for Keeping It True.

Where do you stand? Which album stands just an inch above the rest?

Are you about to post "Meh, never much liked either" or "I couldn't care less"?

Then what the fuck are you doing pretending to like Metal?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Why do you do this to me? I'll have to go in the tank on this one, but Obsessed by Cruelty edges them out ever so slightly at this second. But Endless Pain is high up on my list. Damn
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
It's a battle we all have to face, to know ourselves and our enemies.

Obsessed By Cruelty certainly wins in the race of pure sloppy evil. Like a corpsehammer wielded by infectious death. Great album to butcher your barbecue meats to. Sodomania!

We've got one vote for Obsessed By Cruelty, casted Sir Lord Progbass of the Northern Swamps.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Hell we can have a whole debate as to which of the two recordings of Obsessed By Cruelty is the better one...
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Slight geographical error there, I live in Florida.

But yeah, I think my blasphemous love for black metal has me pulling for Obsessed. Not to say the unbridled aggression of Endless Pain is without merit.
HESSIAN HAREM
INFERNAL OVERKILL without a second's doubt. 80s Destruction could well have been the very best thrash ever if it wasn't held back by a very weak and thin production. Still I think their riffs carry them over the line. Now if the 4th horse of the 85/86 German thrash apocalypse appeared I would probably find myself choosing Riders of Doom over all these albums.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Haha it totally makes sense for you to vote for INFERNAL OVERKILL while voicing a small complaint of weak and think production, then proceeding to praise and hail Riders of Doom. Riders of Doom totally has that Destruction approach but a much beefier production, wouldn't ya say? Riders is a godlike album, just doesn't have the legacy status that Destruction brings to the table. Fantastic release regardless!

So we have one tally on Obsessed By Cruelty and one on Infernal Overkill.

And yeah Proggy I knew you were from a swamp and that's about it. You're north of some!...
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Aug 5, 2016,
Victims cry for help
But no one could ever fight
The riders of doom

*Bad ass drum break with a riff that just screams here comes the pain! Fucking thrash!*
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Man, Noise Records was killing it in this time period. Kreator, Deathrow, Coroner, Voivod, Vendetta...
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
If you put any of the early Voivod up I would of voted for them. I am a sucker for Voivod
HESSIAN HAREM
Yeah I stuck to the three who are usually touted together and loved in a similar manner. They are typically the undergrounds version of "The Big Three" or whatever.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
It's funny, I don't consider myself a thrash guy until people start name dropping a bunch of the killer proto extreme records and I'm like "yes. This. All of this"
HESSIAN HAREM
Deathrow is a fucking gargantuan and unstoppable force of raw power and evil on those first two albums, I'd say Raging Steel edges out Riders of Doom. Coverart on Riders of Doom is epic though
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

I'll be honest with you and admit I really haven't given Obsessed by Cruelty a really good listen. I've heard it, but I've never really heard it. Endless Pain is a cool album, but not my favorite Kreator album. I don't care for Destruction much at all.

So based on plebian fuck taste, I'd go with Endless Pain. That may change if I decide to give Obsessed a good many listens.
For the record, I'd take Infernal Overkill over Satan's Gift/Riders of Doom!

Ironic, you need to remedy your lack of Sodomania asap!

Two additional votes for Endless Pain have been thrown on the table!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Infernal Overkill. After re-listening when I sorted through the metal primers list, it's incredible. Those leads are electric, and the riffs are pure power. I think the drumming takes after hardcore to a point without sounding static in presentation.

Also isn't The Ritual just the sheer embodiment of thrash with a drip of groove into its veins?
Might have to give Infernal Overkill another shot too with you guys fellalting it so hard. It has been a while and I don't know how fairly I'm judging it.
I was thinking the same thing. Damn. I bet this was inspired by MHD posting about Sacramentum. That being said, we need more of this.
HESSIAN HAREM
Destruction ist king! Schmier practically invented/perfected the metal stink face that everyone to do this does. They provided the thrashing chaos with tight ass hole levels of playing! Do we need to force feed UG the classics? I'll provide the food and funnel, you provide the eager mouths...

Mad butcher!
is heard from by shower stall many occasions! Oh and
Curse... the GAWDS... too many people - have died!
as well!

Mandatory history lessons seem to require a mandate if we have ears that are saying to themselves "I should brush up on these..."

Nah, they should be burnt into your skulls by now!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
When Flag of Hate gets you with that last 2 seconds of riff after you thought they were done with that fake finish? Tom G Warri-UGH!!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
WITCHHAMMER MALICE RIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSEEEE

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Obsessed By Cruelty is my vote. If I used one word to describe the album it'd be "fierce" 'cause it doesn't let up and pummels you with the sound of an '80's guitar bludgeoning you to death at 3am on a stone altar while a mad man screams at your mangled body. mm mm mmm

Infernal Overkill has better riffs, though.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Infernal Overkill has better riffs, though.

Word. I'll ruin this thread with the first youtube video.

I am with MHDrunk almost word for word on this..Infernal Overkill for me too although of the 3 bands I've always been partial to Kreator overall.
Last edited by elatihc at Aug 7, 2016,
Went back to Infernal. Still a great album. Still doesn't top Sodom. Get wrekt nerds
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by MHDrunk
oi fuck off u sad kvnt

keep mirin brah, we's a sikk kvnt forvm bruvva

word.

EDIT: It's almost entirely spot on. INFERNAL RULES.
Last edited by severed-metal at Aug 7, 2016,
severed-metal Destructions guitarist comes up with some pure badass thrash riff, Infernal Overkill is my choice.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
always preferred eternal devastation to infernal overkill but here the production is EVEN WORSE. if it had a little more power in it i think it'd be breathing down the neck of show no mercy for GOAT thrash album

Destruction is certainly lethal and break neck, but they lack the oozing evil that pervades Sodom. None of the releases capture that slinking nefarious miasma that Sodom portray
HESSIAN HAREM