So, I'm not really up on chorus, delay and phaser. The EHX Neo Clone seems pretty well-respected, I understand it's basically the Small Clone [edited] in a smaller box.

A music shop I know has a Neo Clone for £30 (pre-owned), as well as a second-hand Tone Tattoo for £99. I don't play as much as I like, but I play punk, metal, hardcore, and stoner rock mostly. I probably don't *need* a chorus or delay, or even know what to use them for. but I'm sure it could be interesting. I don't need the Metal Muff, as I use the amp for most of my sounds, apart from a Bass Big Muff for some fuzz. I have a Crybaby, Whammy, and a TS5 Tube Screamer I picked up to play around with and try to mod, so it's not a hugely complex setup. I was assuming I would run a chorus in the effects loop, and the delay too. If I ran the Tone Tattoo in the loop, would I be able to benefit from the noise gate even if I wasn't running the Metal Muff?

What are people's opinions on these pedals at these prices?
Last edited by luke.g.henderso at Aug 6, 2016,
Small Stone is a Phaser not a chorus. the Neo series pedals are smaller versions of the regular pedals though. delays are great for lead playing so if you do play leads then yes on that. chorus is often better used on cleaner stuff. if you don't really have a use for any given pedal then personally I'd pass and blow my money on stuff I'd use. EH makes some cool pedals so you can't really go wrong with them.
Thanks for the reply, and I've edited my post.
I haven't played live for years, so now if I'm trying to write or record stuff, I have access to software amps and pedals to try out effects on. I sometimes record one take through my physical rig, and another track dry so I can apply different amp/ pedal combinations to gel with the first sound. I guess I should really save my money!
Last edited by luke.g.henderso at Aug 6, 2016,
Quote by luke.g.henderso
Thanks for the reply, and I've edited my post.
I haven't played live for years, so now if I'm trying to write or record stuff, I have access to software amps and pedals to try out effects on. I sometimes record one take through my physical rig, and another track dry so I can apply differ amp/ pedal combinations to gel with the first sound. I guess I should really save my money!

perhaps putting your money into a POD or a decent multi-fx unit would be better. I've found that using my POD is way easier when it comes to recording than trying to use my live setup (for home recording)
Quote by monwobobbo
perhaps putting your money into a POD or a decent multi-fx unit would be better. I've found that using my POD is way easier when it comes to recording than trying to use my live setup (for home recording)

I've got POD Farm which I run inside Cubase, and I go through a Steinberg interface and out through some Mackie monitors.
ok . not well versed on running stuff like that thru a computer. I do know that that kind of setup can be limiting if your soundcard isn't up to it. I run my POD into a Zoom digital 8-track recorder as I prefer a dedicated setup that more closely resembles actual recording setups. (results can be found in my profile)
on another forum i go to (the fretboard) there have been a lot of complaints about ehx build quality- so that's worth bearing in mind.

i have the neo clone and it sounds very good. it pops the first time you turn it on (some true bypass pedals do that, you can fix it if you're handy with a soldering iron i guess (i'm not) though it's smd IIRC so not too easy to mod), but other than that (and the aforementioned possible iffy QC and build quality) it's hard to go wrong if you like its style of chorus.

the small stone is similarly good in terms of tone.

i haven't tried the bad stone, it's got to be worth a look as well if you want a phaser.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?